• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to play on the wii

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Well hopefully it went fine and they'll be offering mega bucks soon, Nick.

I had a missed call from an agent today who I spoke to a week ago about a tasty sounding number that I really fancied.

Rang him back - they are trying to resource it internally.

I was very impressed that he rang me back to tell me that, though - not many would do the same.
      Bummer

Still, at least you know where you stand, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Afternoon denizens
        Hey Nick

Sounds like they kept you busy at the interview - fingers crossed for you.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Lady VF bought me a fire bowl and a fire steel (similar to a flint) at Christmas - since I've grown this beard she thinks I've got a bit of a Ray-Mears-great-outdoors-type-thing going on (not to be confused with a thing for Ray Mears!)

Tonight we used these implements to make a fire in the back garden, and toasted some marshmallows - the kids loved it. And so did I

Took us a while to get the fire started using the fire steel, but I was determined not to cop out and use matches.

Comment

Time to settle down for a movie with the kids...

...and that pork sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Hey Nick

Sounds like they kept you busy at the interview - fingers crossed for you.
              Cheers VF

I think one problem I had was that whereas the first bloke said "This is horribly broken, tell me why" the second chap gave more of an impression that this was his own code, which (what with me being a polite sort of chap) rather put me off pointing at various bits of it right at the start and saying "This is epic fail"

I should have just laid into it rather than trying to understand why it was done that way

Ah well, steak and chips is nearly ready

Comment

Hope you're back later VF.... I might be in the market for a favour old bean!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Lady VF bought me a fire bowl and a fire steel (similar to a flint) at Christmas - since I've grown this beard she thinks I've got a bit of a Ray-Mears-great-outdoors-type-thing going on (not to be confused with a thing for Ray Mears!)

Tonight we used these implements to make a fire in the back garden, and toasted some marshmallows - the kids loved it. And so did I

Took us a while to get the fire started using the fire steel, but I was determined not to cop out and use matches.
                  Sounds like fun

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sounds like fun
                    Yeah, but you have to worry about what Lady VF was searching for to find that!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X