• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    I can't wait until Harry is old enough to have Lego. A permie and I were discussing it last night at ClientCo XMas dinner - it seems it has come a long way since my Lego Technic Digger days!!!
    Aye, they're really spoilt with Star Wars Lego and Mindstorms these days. I'm just jealous really.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I had a lovely nap this afternoon after ClientCo. Looks like I have a lovely home made pie and mash for dinner too.

Today just gets better!
      I planned to have a nap too, but ended up doing some last minute Christmas shopping for my mum. I may retire early this evening
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        I planned to have a nap too, but ended up doing some last minute Christmas shopping for my mum. I may retire early this evening
        I shall also be retiring early. It was a very good afternoon though - I got into bed with the news on!! Awoke fully appraised on Mr. Bush's actions. Now if only Mandy would get his wallet out!

Comment

Comment

Population
            1739 Revenues
            401100 € Unemployment 1 %
            Transport 100 %
            Crime rate 1 %
            Pollution 0 %

rank=300

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Afternoon denizens

Comment

So I was ready to leave at 2:55 - then some c**t gave me a problem. Had to stay until 3:30!!!!!!!

I will get my revenge.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So I was ready to leave at 2:55 - then some c**t gave me a problem. Had to stay until 3:30!!!!!!!

I will get my revenge.....
                  Same happened at ClientCo yesterday.... all ready to go to the pub and then some monkey broke a network switch sending our systems all over the place.

Luckily they had it fixed by 4:45; so we made the pub at around 5:30.

Comment

I too will happily have a look at it.

I thought about a doing a FB app a while ago, but that was as far as it got. Is it done with Ruby on Rails, or am I confusing technologies again?
                    It doesn't matter what you use on your own server - all you need is to find, or write, a Facebook API library. They provide one for PHP 5, and I think most other platforms have something available.

Basically, Facebook makes a call to your server asking for content, and passing some basic information about the user, assuming they're logged in. You can then use this to query their REST API to obtain other information associated with that user, and obviously you have whatever data associated with that user that you manage yourself.

Then, if your app is configured to be embedded in the Facebook page, you return FBML, which is a subset of HTML together with a bunch of FB-specific utility tags, such as <fb:name uid="1234" />, and FB then converts that into the final HTML sent to the client.

Alternatively, you can have FB embed your content in an iframe. In that case you serve plain old HTML, but you have the responsibility of getting all the relevant data from their REST API to embed in the page - you can't use the FBML stuff.

I think there's some way of combining the two by serving FBML with an iframe in it, but I haven't got that far yet.

Comment

Same happened at ClientCo yesterday.... all ready to go to the pub and then some monkey broke a network switch sending our systems all over the place.

Luckily they had it fixed by 4:45; so we made the pub at around 5:30.
                      Do you know who the monkey was? Treat them like a slinky.....

Comment

Working...
                      X