• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Anyone seen this?

http://secondlife.com/

Sad or fab?
    Seen it, apparently a large number of people are now making good money from it selling custimised 'game' items for RL cash. Anyone fancy a change from .NET?

Since I'm not one of the ones making money, it's Sad.

If I was it would doubltless be utterly Fab
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

Seen it, apparently a large number of people are now making good money from it selling custimised 'game' items for RL cash. Anyone fancy a change from .NET?

Since I'm not one of the ones making money, it's Sad.

If I was it would doubltless be utterly Fab
      Hmmm... I see. Well having had a cursory glance myself I am intrigued with the concept of making real-life cash from a true virtual 'business'. Knowing me though I would be one of the ones doing the spending. Look at those big islands.... Tempting.......

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
        Hmmm... I see. Well having had a cursory glance myself I am intrigued with the concept of making real-life cash from a true virtual 'business'. Knowing me though I would be one of the ones doing the spending. Look at those big islands.... Tempting.......

So do what the guy who statrted the media attention did. Bought an Island and then leased bits of it to other people for a whopping profit while keeping half of it as his personal back yard.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Nice one DaveB. I like the idea of having it all to myself. I know that = no income though. Maybe I should try to be more friendly!

Comment

Welcome to our newest member, dr_qwertie

Comment

Welcome to our newest member, remoh1972

Comment

On Christmas Day in 1887, Glenfiddich pure malt scotch whisky first ran from the stills.......

Comment

Elevator Disco
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    Like it. Saw some guy do something similar on TV recently, only he was trying to escape from some shackles while standing nude in a lift before the doors opened. He failed and was exposed to all of those waiting to get in.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                      X