• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
    football was blah...
    is

Comment

Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
      Smaller mammals have higher heartbeat rates than larger ones. If you correlate the average heartbeat rate with the average lifespan, you find that all mammals have roughly the same number of heartbeats before they die "of natural causes".

HTH

Comment

Your feet may be as much as 5 to 10 percent larger at the end of the day.
        ...which is why Carling Wotsit (and her ilk) can buy the "perfect" pair of shoes in the morning, and then be unable to walk in them by midnight

There was an episode of Friends about this, although they didn't make the explanation explicit - probably for fear of offending footwear-fanatical female viewers, and those advertisers who sought their custom

Comment

It wasn’t until 1543 that it was proven that a human heart was not the same as an ape’s...

In what way is a human heart not the same as an ape's, given that humans are a species of ape?

Chimpanzees, Bonobos, Orangutans, Gorillas, Humans - they are the five species of Great Ape.

Last time I dissected a rat's heart it was the same as mine in all important respects - mammalian hearts are all the same, just like pentadactyl limbs (although even reptiles have them).

Comment

The digestive track in a person’s body is about 30 feet long.
            tract

And I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's longer than that - a lab rat's is about fourteen feet, as measured by cutting the entire digestive tract out, pulling it out to get rid of all the kinks (the small intestine kinks a lot), then measuring it.

Comment

Pain signals travel along hour nerves at 50 feet per second.
              They travel along minute nerves at sixty times that speed

Comment

A newborn baby's brain grows almost 3 times in course of first year
                In some people, it starts from scratch each time. Later in life, such people wear baseball caps and steal Ford Fiestas.

Comment

It's always nice to see you clearing a few things up for the masses, Nick
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    It's always nice to see you clearing a few things up for the masses, Nick

Hi EO

I think I may have just earned myself a ban (hopefully short-term) for blatantly circumventing the naughty word filter over in General, but I really couldn't think of a better word

How's things with you? I'm crashing shortly, as I need to sort stuff out for a Friday interview for this WFH opportunity - it'd be nice if it works out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hi EO

I think I may have just earned myself a ban (hopefully short-term) for blatantly circumventing the naughty word filter over in General, but I really couldn't think of a better word

How's things with you? I'm crashing shortly, as I need to sort stuff out for a Friday interview for this WFH opportunity - it'd be nice if it works out
                      You got away with it last time - I am sure you will this time. I shall be deeply upset if you are banned.......

Comment

Working...
                      X