• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A glitch in the matrix, or might they be launching the UK version shortly?
    I've seen reports from people on another forum having seen the Google Street View cars about. Looks like they have the go-ahead, so hopefully soon.

I look forward to seeing The Roundabouts of Redditch on StreetView
    Last edited by voodooflux; 3 September 2008, 13:38.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

The streetview cars were going around Swansea a few weeks ago, according to my mate...

Comment

I must get back to it... what enhancement do you require?
        You remember BI was talking about stats - it would be very nice (IMO - as I am sad) to be able to get some idea of how users were posting between tpd and general. So to be able to see (for, say, top 50 tpd posters) :-

tpd post count
        total post count
        tpd position
        total position
        drivel ratio(tpd post count/total post count - dont forget divide by zero!)

what do you reckon?

the ability to sort by any of those would be amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The streetview cars were going around Swansea a few weeks ago, according to my mate...
          I walk round SE9 naked in case the streetview cars happen to pass. well - that will be my defence in court anyway.....

Comment

A strange thing just happened... I went to Google Maps to track down a greasy spoon in Brighton, and the map had the StreetView button on it

It didn't do anything though

A glitch in the matrix, or might they be launching the UK version shortly?
            Did you swallow the red or the blue tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Did you swallow the red or the blue tablet?
              I was a bit hungry so I had both. And a chicken salad sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                I've seen reports from people on another forum having seen the Google Street View cars about.
                Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                The button's vanished again - I should have got a screenshot.

There have indeed been many sightings

They now use image recognition technology to blur faces, as a way of addressing privacy issues. It even works on horses

Comment

There have indeed been many sightings
                  I like the way that one spotted in Italy looks completely lost and well apart the others

Comment

Well the mini digger is broken. the fitter from the hire co just phoned and told me they can't get another one for me til monday
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Did you break it?

Comment

Working...
                      X