• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Hello

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Hi Scourer

I've spent the afternoon reading Where Are the Customers' Yachts? - an excellent book

Never heard of it - should I? got a link?

Comment

Riteo almost 7pm I'm off...

B00med!

Comment

What's happening?

I'm stuck on a train with loads of the general unwashed......

....and I mean loads......

....and very unwashed.
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Never heard of it - should I? got a link?
            Linky

Well worth reading if you're interested in the way investment markets work - and fail to work

It was originally published in 1940 but as somebody commented, replace the references to pens and charts with computers, and it could have been written yesterday.

The opening lines:

"Wall Street," reads the sinister old gag, "is a street with a river at one end and a graveyard at the other."

This is striking, but incomplete. It omits the kindergarten in the middle, and that's what this book is about.

Comment

evening all

Comment

Oh dear, whatever happened to the late-night-posting-heroes?

Comment

There turned out to be a fair degree of conversation about My Friend the Rapist down the pub tonight... it was a quiet night, but that just meant that we all knew him to one degree or another. I think my seventeen or eighteen year acquaintance was the longest. (I once asked the lass who eventually became his wife out, and she knocked me back because she'd just started seeing him - well, maybe not solely for that reason, but that relationship was why he started coming down there and was how I became acquainted with him.)

I was chatting to the assistant manager (the same position that I held in that pub when I first met the guy) and he said that (having only known him over the last three years or so) he would describe him as "affable"... the very same adjective that I used earlier

I found it striking that each of us had, independently, chosen that specific (and uncommon) adjective as the best word to describe him.

But there you go - Harold Shipman's patients, the vast majority of whom he just treated in accordance with their needs, apparently found him a very good GP; and I don't think Peter Sutcliffe was ever found to have driven his lorry incorrectly.

As Zeity said, you never see the can of worms...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Oh dear, whatever happened to the late-night-posting-heroes?
                    Removing LR post counts strikes again.

Comment

morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X