• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    No matter... I have episode of Bones to look forward to, tomorrow...

Byeee
    Night Zeity

I made shepherd's pie tonight... or cottage pie, wotever

It was most delicious

It's the herbs one chooses that make the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Byeee
      O hai

I has a bucket

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Evening folks

Don't mind me, just passing through on my way to bed

Took No. 1 son to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX in Birmingham today. Very impressed - haven't been to an IMAX before, and going back to "normal" cinema is going to be disappointing after that. The movie was very good too - although must have been very borderline for its 12A certificate.

Night all
        Is IMAX the same thing as that semi-hemispherical-screen they had at Alton Towers in about 1983, that showed a demo film of stuff like rollercoasters, and left me feeling so unwell that I went on the Corkscrew afterwards to restore a sense of normality? Or have things moved on?

I don't really keep up with cinematic stuff - the last film I went to see was The Battleship Potemkin, restored and with an original score by somebody Russian, on my birthday about ten years ago

I enjoyed that

Comment

Let me make one thing clear: I am not a sci-fi freak.

The last sci-fi book I read was a re-read of a work of John Wyndham. The last sci-fi book I bought (as in, money at the till) was We by Yevgeny Zamyatin, which isn't really sci-fi anyway. (And that was years ago, and I had the Wyndham before that. I really should re-read Zamyatin, too. My former-girlfriend-who-was-an-artist left a wonderful pencil sketch of the front cover tucked inside the front cover, though that really doesn't have anything to do with anything.)

The only Star Trek DVD I own is First Contact, which is one hell of a good film, particularly in terms of FX.

So, I say again, I am not a sci-fi freak.

Having made that clear, I shall say this:

Babylon 5
          is utterly awesome.

And, having written editing things that work in web browsers several times in the past, I should just mention that the editor here on CUK, that allowed me to select that text and centre it, is actually very good (although the resultant HTML... not so much).

But still, Babylon 5 - awesome stuff

And I'm still in the first season

This post © Inane but well-meant ramblings in the small hours of the morning ®™

Now for Part II of A Voice in the Wilderness :intrigued:

Comment

morning

Comment

Population
              1344 Revenues
              309250 € Unemployment 0 %
              Transport 99 %
              Crime rate 1 %
              Pollution 2 %

rank=238

Comment

Greetings all!

Comment

Afternoon all

still feel like tulip
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Is IMAX the same thing as that semi-hemispherical-screen they had at Alton Towers in about 1983, that showed a demo film of stuff like rollercoasters, and left me feeling so unwell that I went on the Corkscrew afterwards to restore a sense of normality? Or have things moved on?
                    I also vaguely recall that screen from Alton Towers, and while it achieves the same effect I'm not sure if it was based on the IMAX system. Essentially the IMAX screen is just very large screen displaying higher resolution images shot specifically for IMAX. It's rather more square than a conventional cinema screen i.e. a lot taller, and fills the field of view. And The Dark Knight was utterly stunning on it

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Let me make one thing clear: I am not a sci-fi freak.

Having made that clear, I shall say this: Babylon 5 is utterly awesome.
                    If you enjoy Babylon 5 then I can recommend lots more!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    morning
                    Morning BP
                    Last edited by voodooflux; 30 August 2008, 11:37.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Churchill - many thanks for the presents for the baby. He loves them!

BP

Comment

Working...
                      X