• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I did know, and I remember the furor it caused when they added the link to the privacy statement. I think Google actually went to court to try and get the legislation changed so they wouldnt have to have it on the front page
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Byeeee
        Bye Zeity

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          How do you feel?
          Terrified

Hello Nerdy Chimp
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I did know, and I remember the furor it caused when they added the link to the privacy statement. I think Google actually went to court to try and get the legislation changed so they wouldnt have to have it on the front page
            They didn't go to court, but they did try to justify some very strange interpretations of California law in public statements before finally relenting

Comment

I'm awake again
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                I'm awake again
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  I'm awake again

Comment

Joel Spolsky's User Interface Design for Programmers is good - originally aimed at desktop app developers, but it has the general principles of UI design right. There's an online version, but the dead tree version is about half as big again.

For some good thinking about human factors and usability, have a look at Michael Zuschlag's blog. Warning: there's some pretty deep stuff on there

Specifically on Web UI design: ALA has a number of good articles.

Roger Johansson has written some good stuff on usability - start with this one, then check out the usability category.

I'll post more as and when I remember them
                    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I wasn't being quite that facitious

Google's home page is often cited as an excellent example of UI design.

It's clean and simple and immediately recognisable. Funtionality is obvious and intuative. Non-essential functions are clearly marked but do not obscure the core functionality.

Mind you, replacing the "OK" button with "I'm Feeling Lucky" might get you some strange looks
                    Drew McLellan (next to whom I used to sit at Y! - here's the man himself underneath the PostIt space invader) has been running an Advent calendar for webby folk for the last three years - there's some good articles relating to usability, design and so forth on there.
                    Thanks chaps - will have a look through this lovely stuff. It's for e-banking web apps and designing a dashboard. Fun fun fun. About a year's work at least.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X