• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Manly huggy hug.
    Thanks I still don't get why she did it, at the time I thought it was a phase she was going through and it would pass, only reason being was I thought things weren't bad, I was happy I thought she was happy, kids and wedding in the planning, but it turned out she wasn't happy and after 9 years. Didn't see it coming at all man no hints or big fights prior everything was fine. Anyway she is 100% not coming back, she isn't a silly girl either she had thought this through. It just goes to prove that no matter how well you think you know someone you never really do.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 15 July 2008, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Good morning, Zeity. Wavey wave.

Was the £22 steak (veg extra) nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
        Thanks I still don't get why she did it, at the time I thought it was a phase she was going through and it would pass, only reason being was I thought things weren't bad, I was happy I thought she was happy, kids and wedding in the planning, but it turned out she wasn't happy and after 9 years. Didn't see it coming at all man no hints or big fights prior everything was fine. Anyway she is 100% not coming back, she isn't a silly girl either she had thought this through. It just goes to prove that no matter how well you think you know someone you never really do.
        Time is a great healer, it sounds trite, but it's true... just take it day by day & it'll get better slowly...

Comment

On that note... Byeeee

Comment

I wish I could think of some clever witticism that would make everything all right again.

But I can't.

It is a shame she did not tell you she was unhappy so you could have had a chance of changing.

Still, most people do it wedding, kids then divorce. She let you out the - relatively - easy way.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Was the £22 steak (veg extra) nice?
              Hmm. A catch-22 situation.

On the one hand, I want to lie and say it was awful. But it was actually very nice, albeit small.

On the other hand, I want to feel sorry for myself and get some sympathy, but I don't want to lie.

The rest of the story is the meal cost £94 partly because of the £30 bottle of wine, which resulted in the missus getting playful and so I had a cracking evening really.

Hmm. Maybe I'm a naturally miserable bugger!
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

<-----Wavey
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Feeling really depressed and fed up today any chance of a CUK group hug . 6 weeks today since my gf of 9 years left me.
                  <-------Very manly hug

That's a long time to be with someone. It will leave a large hole in your life.
                  I've been there and I can honestly say, it does get better. Time is a great healer.
                  Best thing I found was to get out and keep busy. The less you think the less it hurts. every time your mind wanders to the subject; force yourself to think of something else.
                  Not much comfort I know. but you will be feeling better soon.
                  If you need someone to chat with, PM me mate
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    <-----Wavey
                    Nearly. It's a wavey wave.

(How you lot manage to learn all those : codes, I don't know.)

Wavey wave, Diver. Wavey wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      If you need someone to chat with, PM me mate
                      PM your mate?

You were doing so well up to that point.

Smiley smile

Comment

Working...
                      X