• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm... yummy grapes

Consumed, however, whilst watching the first episode of The World at War - one of the things I collected from the Royal Mail today was the boxed set.

Deeply disturbing... it deals with Hitler's rise to power.

It worries me that so many of the ill-founded attitudes he engendered to sway popular opinion amongst the bourgeoisie (on whom he depended to even get started, let alone succeed) have so many resonances with the opinions and attitudes that I see expressed daily here, on CUK... the German bourgeoisie didn't actually have any particular interest in conquering the world, or slaughtering millions of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals and political dissidents... but when they found a leader who appeared to serve their own petty interests and prejudices, they were happy to give him their unswerving support, simply to ensure for themselves the lifestyle they thought they deserved.

And when it became apparent what was happening, it was too late.

It was so easy... that's what makes me fear people with parochial beliefs and a self-centered attitude towards society at large.

Comment

Fook its early.

Ah well needed to see the night shift before they went home.

Comment

morning

Comment

Population
          1131 Revenues
          259300 € Unemployment 1 %
          Transport 99 %
          Criminality 0 %
          Pollution 0 %

rank=206

Comment

morning again

quiet at clientco - so far

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I feel a bit peckish myself.

Ooh... I bought some grapes today
              I prefer my grapes squashed and mouldy.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

God created man, stepped back and said "perfect!".

He then created Xeno, stepped back, had a long look and said "**** me!, this'll have to wear makeup!"

Comment

got a few more things to sort out today, then I might return to tpd

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      God created man, stepped back and said "perfect!".

He then created Xeno, stepped back, had a long look and said "**** me!, this'll have to wear makeup!"

Comment

Working...
                      X