• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Yeah, right. As if you don't enjoy it.

Comment

A day off, no expectation to achieve anything and guess what?

Almost all day with no internet access.

How crap is that?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Was it the peelers again?
        I don't think they bother leaving the police station on a Sunday. That's why it isn't open on a Sunday - if anybody went in, they'd see them all sitting there drinking tea and eating beans on toast instead of working

Comment

A day off, no expectation to achieve anything and guess what?

Almost all day with no internet access.

How crap is that?
          Extremely

Had the tin rusted with last night's rain?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            I think somebody stole my weekend - I can't believe it's Sunday evening all ready.
            Careful! That line of thinking leads to Sunday Night Blues, and if you're going there, you may as well go permie.

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Fully recovered now RC ?
            Indeedy, thank you.

So I've opened a bottle of beer to celebrate. And drunk it. I'm now off for another...

(oops. I've only eaten a box of Smarties and a couple of biccies today.)
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hmm... there was a sudden slight, regular rattling of the door, and a corresponding rattling of a mirror on the wall (a different wall to the one where the door lives)

I suspect a tiny earthquake

Either that or the house is about to fall down
              Yet another rattling mirror.

Is this a solstice phenomenon?

Is it an interaction between the EMR-energy reflectiveability of the matter in the mirror in conjunction with the turning of the earth in its orbit?

Is it the spirit world being that much closer to our world and our ancestors (that'll be your near relatives, I suppose, furry-face) trying to communicate with us?

Is it Zeity landing his cloaked giga-tonne UFO in Swansea cop shop's car park?

Comment

Careful! That line of thinking leads to Sunday Night Blues, and if you're going there, you may as well go permie.
                Don't worry, things aren't that bad yet.

So I've opened a bottle of beer to celebrate. And drunk it. I'm now off for another...
                Alas I finished off my "world beers" selection last night with fine examples from Poland, Lithuania and The Czech Republic. I think I have some emergency Grolsch stashed away somewhere, but I may abstain this evening to maximise the likelihood of putting in a gym attendance tomorrow.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've just drained, cleaned and refilled the deep fat fryer.

So that was fun

Comment

I've just drained, cleaned and refilled the deep fat fryer.

So that was fun
                    However, it was worth it in the long run - absolutely excellent chips

Comment

However, it was worth it in the long run - absolutely excellent chips
                      Have you done fried eggs in your deep fat fryer yet?

Best ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X