• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Good point.

Swansea is quite hilly really.
    Indeedy. And in the summer, with a luvverly fire on the one between Swansea & Neath.

I have a teenage chav relative whose dream it is is to bring up a huge clan while living in a council house on the hill near the prison.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It's the rich wot gets the pleasure, it's the poor wot gets the blame...
      Isn't it a bloomin' shame.

The working class can kiss my arse.
      I've got a freelance gig at last.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Probably OK then.

I was quite surprised coming back from London the other week - I had a first class advance ticket which was only valid for a specific train (reasonable enough for £17). Unfortunately I'd forgotten how far it now is to get a UK train since they put all the foreign-bound trains at the end nearest the Underground, and missed my train by about a minute.

Checking with one of the train company people, they said it was OK, they'd let me use it on the next train departing a few minutes later

I was sure they were going to sting me for full fare... good for them say I
        You bastard.

On my last trip to London, I spent 40 minutes in a Taxi going from Covent Garden to Paddington in mental Ken's traffic-free congestion zone and so had to spend £85 buying another ticket back to Taunton 'cos I missed my train by 2 minutes.

That train was then cancelled.

The next train was cancelled.

The next train broke down before leaving the station.

I left on the one after the one after that.

I hate London.

Comment

I just went downstairs for another beer (number 7 I think) and went on a munchies hunt (having not eaten since I was in the pub at lunchtime ten hours ago).

I found a can of mackerel.

Yumski!

I just stood there in the kitchen forking brown fish into my cakehole straight from the can. Delish!

I'm now considering setting up my own fish kebab van business. Waddya think?

Comment

It's funny how I do most of my shopping in Lidl, Woolies, Wilkinsons, and the much lamented & now departed Bookends.
            It's not funny at all. It's called "Not wasting your money in Tescos or Sainsburys who are now dearer than Waitrose used to be but they never seem to have what you went in for so you have to go back again tomorrow."

Comment

I see we have a poster by the name of Llareggub on the board...

Most highly welcome, Oh fan of Dylan Thomas...

There's lovely then...
              Have you noticed the occasional poetry in your local paper that refers to Llamedos? When I was in digital publishing in Neath, I typeset that fellah's autobiography. Have you seen "No Hero, I!" in the local shops? You should have done by now.

The anti-aircraft gun on the plinth on the way in to Swansea was one of the sort his regiment fired.

Comment

I see we have a poster by the name of Llareggub on the board...

Most highly welcome, Oh fan of Dylan Thomas...

There's lovely then...
                That reminds me - I must buy Richard Burton's wonderful rendition of Under Milk Wood.

I've never heard it - there's ignorant then

UNDER MILK WOOD

[Silence]

FIRST VOICE (Very softly)

To begin at the beginning:

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless
                and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched,
                courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the
                sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboatbobbing sea.
                The houses are blind as moles (though moles see fine to-night
                in the snouting, velvet dingles) or blind as Captain Cat
                there in the muffled middle by the pump and the town clock,
                the shops in mourning, the Welfare Hall in widows' weeds.
                And all the people of the lulled and dumbfound town are
                sleeping now.
                No "In awe of genius" smiley, it seems.

Comment

And I do like the fact that the first stage direction in the script is [Silence].

Comment

morning all

Comment

Population
                      1111 Revenues
                      255050 € Unemployment 0 %
                      Transport 98 %
                      Criminality 2 %
                      Pollution 2 %

rank=195

Comment

Working...