• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I think that's probably what she was going to do anyway
      Hey - I wouldn't

Morning everyone - I see SP got a from Chimp last night
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Ooh, I found something else to complain about

Here's what I told abebooks.co.uk:
        "Hi,

Having spent a long time trying to log in using my existing account and password, I finally requested an email reminder of my password, only to find that it was the password I had been using all along. I finally noticed that the email address quoted in the reminder email was in UPPER CASE, and having re-entered my email address thusly, I was able to log in.

I then saw that, on your Help pages, you state that: "Also, the email address you registered with and your password are both case-sensitive" - however, although a password should be case-sensitive, an email address should not be.

More accurately, although the part of an email address preceding the "@" symbol may be case-sensitive, the domain part, following the "@" symbol, is case-insensitive, as specified in RFC 2821 section 2.4 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2821#section-2.4>.

I also think it is important to note that although, when I registered with the site, I entered my email address in lower-case, your systems have converted it to upper-case (a form I never use) and will only allow me to log in if I enter my address in that form.

As a professional software engineer and web applications developer, it only took me about half an hour to debug this issue and log in to the site. I strongly suspect that many of your users will not find it so easy to resolve these issues.

Might I therefore suggest that you correct your systems to accommodate email addresses with regard to the proper rules regarding case-sensitivity thereof; and may I also request that you modify your existing record of my email address to the lower-case form which I used when I registered, and would prefer to use in the future.

Kind regards,

NickFitz."

I never normally complain about even the most egregious stuff, but a blatant disregard for an RFC gets the green-ink merchant out in me every time

Ho hum
        Everyone's a firkin' expert.
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Morning All.

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning All.

Have I missed anything?

Morning sweety zeity
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              For the love of God - would some of you get your asses out of bed and help me - I'mhaving a crises here....
              Oh dear(tm)...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Hey everyone

Early start for me..... not sure if me and new boyo will last the distance. He can't hold his beer I mean seriously..... Got way too pissed way too quick. I'm not very good with handling pissed people....

I just don't know....
                He obviously hasn't got your hollow legs...

I get pissed quickly too... so I drink very much less...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  He obviously hasn't got your hollow legs...

I get pissed quickly too... so I drink very much less...
                  You might be right....
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have to go to lakeside in 15 minutes - need a new car seat for the baby - over 9kg already!

Then I have 24 hours of tpd posts to read - should take at least 5 minutes...
                    That's not so much these days...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                      I really want a cuppa, but that would mean leaving a nice warm bed.
                      I find the concept of posting from bed even odder...

Comment

Working...
                      X