• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
    Blimey - you go to the pub late
    Indeed... at least when I'm at home (and, as you correctly surmised earlier, alone).

I go to my local, where they let me stay on my stool staring out of the window thinking about things until about a quarter to one (in return, I close the blinds when I'm departing - this was all fought out and brought to a sense of resignation on their side about three years ago), whereupon I depart for the FMB bar down the road, where I get ejected at around twenty past two if the doorman who's a bit of a twat is working, or any time up to a quarter to three if he's not - the staff like me and are happy for me to stay, but the doormen have the final call. Most of them just leave me there, thinking in the corner, but this one chap gets on my case every time.

Ho hum. Funny things, people

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I win.

Comment

I win.

Comment

I win.

Comment

I'm not commiting myself at this stage, but I think I've decided what my presentation at BarCampLondon4 will be about

For the first time on this, or any, stage: The Correct Use of URLs

This will follow on (in titular terms) from my presentation at the very first BarCampLondon entitled The Correct Use of HTTP.

That title itself was a pun on the title of Magazine's most excellent album The Correct Use of Soap, given that the intention was to exhort the masses to use a RESTful architecture for their web applications, rather than the overblown and unnecessary XML-RPC burden of SOAP - a protocol overlaid upon a protocol that was already capable of doing the same stuff

(Although I may change my mind... is BarCampLondon ready for a working implementation of the The Infinite Monkey Protocol Suite? )
            Last edited by NickFitz; 6 April 2008, 02:53. Reason: Found a hyperlinked version of RFC2795 :-)

Comment

I think my downstairs neighbour has stopped playing music for tonight - I just heard a much-amplified Windows XP "shutting down" sound through the floorboards

At least I now know that the rubbish he plays is coming from his computer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Indeed... at least when I'm at home (and, as you correctly surmised earlier, alone).

I go to my local, where they let me stay on my stool staring out of the window thinking about things until about a quarter to one (in return, I close the blinds when I'm departing - this was all fought out and brought to a sense of resignation on their side about three years ago), whereupon I depart for the FMB bar down the road, where I get ejected at around twenty past two if the doorman who's a bit of a twat is working, or any time up to a quarter to three if he's not - the staff like me and are happy for me to stay, but the doormen have the final call. Most of them just leave me there, thinking in the corner, but this one chap gets on my case every time.

Ho hum. Funny things, people
                Indeed they are. Especially the ones I drink with
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Morning all

Snowed last night.

Bloody freezing this morning, and I wanted to have a wander round the car boot sales too
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Sun is shining now, starting to warm up a bit, Boot sales this morning then
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

moaning all

Comment

Working...
                      X