• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaker View Post
    Morning all! Out shopping with the wifey soon!
    Deepest sympathies mate
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Can someone please explain to me how women's minds work. I have a friend who is a little older than me (30)

Told her about my disaster that was a speed dating event. (I seriously know how the UK feels at Euro vision - nil poi!) She has arranged a blind date with me and her friend.

Now Sockpuppet is 25. Her friend is 31.

Can anyone explain how she managed to bridge that 6 year age gap. Now I'm half pleased she made the effort its appreciated but I'm only 25.

I still want to drink too many e-numbers and bounce off the walls till the early hours of the morning where as all women are fitted with some biological clock where as at the stroke of midnight on their 30th birthday either www.mothercare.com or www.whiskers.co.uk get added to the favourites folder.

you should be grateful. women over 30 want more sex. just make sure it is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Evening beaker

Evening Zeity

I've just been fixing the bug that TheFaQQer found in testpleasedelete.com.

It now returns a nice neat 404 page, the way nature (and TBL) intended

How many bugs left now then?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Many deep technical thoughts tonight about testpleasedelete.com, all of which make sense, and will lead to effective implementations of the necessary interfaces, both incoming and outgoing - it's HTTP and associated technologies that will win the day

And (sorry for shouting) NO SOAP!

All SOAP does is impose an exceedingly complex layer of stuff on top of what HTTP could do in the first place

When SOAP was first devised, I read all the relevant documents, and got into the XML-RPC-style of doing things (yes, I know XML-RPC and SOAP aren't the very same thing, but they are functionally equivalent), and I have to say, though I say it myself, that over the years I created some remarkable solutions for some very high-profile clients

But that was before I knew I was wrong - my solutions were correct, and they were even solving the right problems, but the problems themselves were the wrong problems - the same wrong problems that are, even as I type, being struggled with by people all over the world who know, inside themselves, that there must be a better way, but don't know what it is, and wouldn't be believed by their "superiors" if they discovered it, and explained it in the simplest terms

Anybody who works with wood will tell you that, for the most part, you should work with the grain.

The web is made of wood, and therein lies not only its strength, but also its resilience. Such things as SOAP and XML-RPC are attempts to treat it as if it's made of concrete sections, or nuts and bolts.

Oh, and BTW, this led directly to working out how to create a retrospective schedule of all the appearances of the Marching Band, including identifying who they've come out for, which tune they're playing, and who's booked them to play - because it hasn't been BI who's booked them every time

With the grain; that wins the day

And on that note I shall listen to some music from bands most of you are too young to have heard of, like Magazine, or the Comsat Angels
          No soap? My kids would agree with that...

Comment

very very busy day today

Comment

gf preparing for twins party tomorrow. lots of cooking to do. 2 big cakes to bake.

Comment

I took the baby out to get more petrol and go to Trosley for a walk

Comment

back via charity shop and the co-op - icing sugar, maltesers, love hearts for the cake. And I got 10 videos for £2. nothing exciting - things to watch and return.

Comment

this afternoon I watched the godfather. for the 38th tme...

Comment

Evening denizens

Quiet here today

Comment

Working...
                      X