• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Give me the link to SKA, it was on here a while back but I couldn't find it the other day with a search.
    Blasphemy!
    Ouch..

But if Diver can't find SKA, how can he use SKA to search for SKA?

Comment

Can you help by not posting consecutively in this thread?

Comment

two
        to

Comment

three
          watch

Especially when he picks up a power tool...

Comment

Take it lower - its more boring than ATW...
            AtW

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              88 bottles of beer now go in the airing cupboard until next weekend...

87 bottles of beer now go in the airing cupboard until next weekend...

86 bottles of beer now go in the airing cupboard until next weekend...

85 bottles of beer now go in the airing cupboard until next weekend...

Oops, sorry, I thought it was a song

Comment

She's made of latex and she's inflatable.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

Don't tell me you're talking about your wife who's also your best friend?

Here was me thinking it was a marriage made in heaven, and it transpires that it's a marriage made in Fort Dunlop

Comment

Unless
                  you

can

remember

teletypes,

One day at school the high speed punch tape reader on the PDP 8/e gave up and sulked. It took nearly an hour to load the multi-user (where multi == 3) BASIC interpreter via the tape reader on one of the Teletypes, once somebody had come up with the necessary bootstrap code, converted it into octal, and loaded it in binary via the array of switches on the front panel

That's why the switches on the PDP 8/e front panel were orange or brown, grouped in threes - it made it easier to enter octal numbers, which are of course three bits wide.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    AtW
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      He was at the London Xmas do

Very nice chap - I think he was just trying to play with our minds when he went off on that nineteenth-dimensional tangent the other day

Doesn't work if you've met him
                      I know, after chatting with the guy, I've decided that he's a nice chap who's been hanging around Sasguru and the others too long.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X