• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    If I ever get back into Real Time™, I shall try to remember to include you when I do my stats.

The tables I produce are bigger than the 10K posting limit so I have to delete entries manually. The way I do it is purely based on whether i can remember that person having posted lately. Hence the bottom few entries are actually lower in the table than some I will have deleted.

I do that to encourage newbies.
    Delete mine if it makes it easier. + it'll confuse the beggars
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      This is the Night Mail crossing the border,Bringing the cheque and the postal order,

<snip>
      You're not supposed to post copyrighted material on here - CUK could get sued by Auden's estate

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        £30 - but it's the very nicely produced hardback edition, with good quality paper, an excellent binding (very heavy endpapers) and excellent typography - good wide margins and decent leading. It's very easy on the eye, which is important when reading poetry.
        under twenty quid online

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          You're not supposed to post copyrighted material on here - CUK could get sued by Auden's estate
          But it's encouraging the heathen to rush out and buy Auden's works, Innit

Comment

Check out FG's one a day thread.

New entries

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              under twenty quid online
              Most of the time stuff I buy online never gets to me - I'm not home during the week, and the post office collection place is in the middle of nowhere and only open for one minute a month.

So it ends up getting sent back to Amazon a month later, who credit my account, but not for the delivery charges.

So it would probably have ended up costing me more, and I wouldn't have got it for at least a week and maybe four. Or maybe, like several items in the big order that never reached me last November, I'd never have got it at all.

I kept meaning to buy it in the University bookshop twenty-eight years ago and never got around to it... so it was worth an extra couple of quid to actually have it, rather than going to my grave still thinking about getting it.

Comment

The Top TPD Posters

No. User . . . . . . . Posts . Credit

.1) DS23 ..............10000 = 10.715% = 1 in every 9 posts
                .2) zeitghost ......... 9157 = .9.812% = 1 in every 10 posts
                <snip unimportant entries from a couple of nobodies>
                .5) BrowneIssue ....... 7558 = .8.099% = 1 in every 12 posts
                <snip more entries>
                17) Xenophon .......... .947 = .1.015% = 1 in every 98 posts
                <snip yet more entries>
                26) AndyGarbs ......... .367 = .0.393% = 1 in every 254 posts
                <snip still more entries>
                42) Katie ............. .155 = .0.166% = 1 in every 602 posts

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So you are 36th - post more drivel...
                What he said!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I used to do a bit of bookbinding as a hobby when I was a teenager - it was a natural tie-in with my passion for letterpress printing and typography.

One year at school there was a new Latin poetry textbook (paperback) which had been made with inferior glue - within a month of the start of term, everybody's copies were falling to pieces, including the teachers'.

So one Sunday afternoon I re-bound mine in hardback and printed a new cover for it on my Adana 8-5 platen

The Latin teacher was astonished... he spent about five minutes examining it. I think he was considering asking me to do his

Comment

I have W H Audens 1945 edition kicking about somewhere. It's a bit Rat eared and has a Library stamp and cardholder glued inside it.
                    Just had a quick look through the boxes of books behind me, but there are too many.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

<snip unimportant entries from a couple of nobodies>

Comment

Working...
                      X