• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What a coincidence I was thinking of California today too
    Serious, they were fighting each other over the ones I sprinkled on the bird table
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I have to go back to Morriston Hospital tomorrow/this morning.
      They are going to pull the wires out of the bones in my hand Yuch! and probably Ouch!
      Ouchy!

Comment

I had around 8 squirrels come to me for food in the park today - first time in maybe 10 days they did it, I was really getting worried, especially after finding 2 bodies of them, one of which was definately my favourite
        The old and the weak succumb to the cold and to disease at this time of year. plus the injuries they sustain while fighting over food.

Comment

Serious, they were fighting each other over the ones I sprinkled on the bird table
          Are those squirrels that live in that tree? I have not put out any food in the garden for months now

Comment

The old and the weak succumb to the cold and to disease at this time of year. plus the injuries they sustain while fighting over food.
            Well, they had plenty of food from me every day and that female squirrel was tough - she was chasing off others from me! She always came and stopped more than 10 days ago, and I found body that looked like her - when dead they look very different, it's as if their soul left their cute bodies

Comment

Are those squirrels that live in that tree? I have not put out any food in the garden for months now
              There is a copse of broad leaf trees and about eight firs and conifers. + there are trees all along the rear lane.
              They seem to hang about our garden though, so I think the old lady who used to live here fed them.

Comment

Well, they had plenty of food from me every day and that female squirrel was tough - she was chasing off others from me! She always came and stopped more than 10 days ago, and I found body that looked like her - when dead they look very different, it's as if their soul left their cute bodies
                I wonder what the average lifespan of a Grey squirrel is?

I'll do a quick google

Comment

I wonder what the average lifespan of a Grey squirrel is?
                  I'll do a quick google
                  Not a lot unfortunately - I think 75% of them die like every year

In best case 7-8 years is very old for a squirrel, not a lot of time.

Comment

Found it:

The life span of the female is between 4-6 years. The life span of the male is between 2-3 years. Mortality rate is about 75% per annum.

That's a lot of squirrels

Comment

Found it:

The life span of the female is between 4-6 years. The life span of the male is between 2-3 years. Mortality rate is about 75% per annum.

That's a lot of squirrels
                      Very short life for such cute animals

Comment

Working...
                      X