• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    OT: Has anybody else found that recently it has become the case that, when clicking on a smiley, the editor automatically inserts it before any linefeeds (but not whitespace made of spaces, as in character 32 decimal, 20 hex) preceding the current position of the cursor, such that if one attempts to space out paragraphs with a smiley after them but separated by vertical whitespace, the linefeed intended to act as vertical whitespace is ignored and the smiley is inserted before it (albeit on its own line), and consequently a whole bunch of newlines are left at the end of one's post unless one goes back and corrects it all manually?
    No. Sorry.

(BTW I write better bug reports than this when working )
    You write better bug reports than I've seen in 20 years (except for mine!).
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Signs of a good relationship

AM
      That's because I didn't even know there was a 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning. I thought it was still known as "Saturday night".
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

... the toilet flushers took a load of cash when I didn't expect it

I would have given them the whole lot in April if they'd let me, but they didn't let me
        I worked for a water utility last year.

They were spectacularly cash-rich but moaned about being a poor, public sector type business.

They were staggeringly incompetent and inefficient too. Give me the public sector any day.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          No. Sorry.

You write better bug reports than I've seen in 20 years (except for mine!).
          Mine are much more descriptive

Ie.

Bug report

****ing Ba*****d thing has F****d up again, I told the ar***oles in development and F***ing procurement to tell the PM to go Screw himself and buy one off the f***ing shelf.

End Report
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The only reason I mention this is to ensure that the next person to post after I crash out (which I shall do after posting this) will get a pali without even knowing until after they've posted
            Thank you hairy one
            Well, I HAD to include NF's bit too, didn't I?

Well done!

Comment

morning

Comment

That's because I didn't even know there was a 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning. I thought it was still known as "Saturday night".
                There's a Saturday night

Comment

The wound is healing well now, but I've screwed up the nerves something awful. I hope they can sort them out.
                  I've got a patch of knackered nerves in the small of my back. Came from falling down a flight of stairs.

If I run my finger across, I can feel my finger randomly jumping about and feeling like needles.

Comment

Well, I HAD to include NF's bit too, didn't I?

Well done!
                    of course

Morning BP

Comment

I forgot to put sugar in my tea

I detest unsweetened tea
                      Are you a Diver or a Builder?

Comment

Working...
                      X