• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over an hour since a post!

tsk.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I need to find an atm
      I think Zeity has some .flv files that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        100,000th post will be mine.

Comment

Evening denizens

I was going to do a quick bit of Photoshop stuff for some buttons, but Photoshop asked me if it could install an update.

Thinking that this would only take a moment, I allowed it to set about its business while I proofread some copy.

Ten minutes later, it's still chuntering along and the fans are whirring away at full speed...

I wonder what on earth it thinks it's up to.

Comment

I remember updating an application (a game for the IBM PC) by hand-assembling the patch, and using a disk sector editor to modify the executable right on the floppy...

The assembler and linker we had were both very slow, so it was quicker to do it that way - we had to get the disk off to the publisher's for duplication ASAP

Comment

The updater's progress bar seems to have frozen at 50%...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  TPD was 14th in the list of New Posts.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

TPDVille

Population

Unemployment
                    1 %
                    Transport
                    95 %
                    Criminality
                    4 %
                    Pollution
                    1 %

It's not looking too good.

Comment

Although the Activity Monitor showed ridiculous levels of disk IO (mainly O actually), no progress seemed to be being made... so I killed the updater off and ran it again - fingers crossed, it seems to be coping a little better now.

The fans have gone quiet again, and the Activity Monitor is showing a somewhat saner pattern of activity.

Humph. As I was typing that, it announced that the update was complete - but then broke all the rules (the Apple Human/Computer Interface Guidelines, or whatever they're called) by forcing that alert to the front, thus stealing focus from this window and losing a bunch of keystrokes

Have Adobe been bought by Microsoft without telling anybody?

Comment

Working...
                      X