• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am going to watch time team and feed the baby

night all

Byeee

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Evening boyos

Comment

R4 news at 10 is waffling on about Brown's new eco towns... in Yorkshire... in the middle of nowhere...

<chant> down with the eco towns, down with Gordon Brown </chant>

Well one can't disagree with that...

Comment

The fairy cake chappie has managed to raise his profile to the stage where he's on the BBC news...

Unfortunate that he had to die to do it...

Comment

He is, of course, now immortal.

And will forever be commemorated on the interweb thingy...

There's already 3k+ pages about it...

One from Adelaide...

Comment

Just watched Lewis.

Quite a good tale.... but he needs to be careful, that Doctor's got her eye on him...

Comment

Ok.

Time for bed, said Zeity...

Feck orff said his lustee, you've got no chance...

Time to cuddle the cat...

Byeeee

Comment

Evening denizens

I just caught the end of the Shipping Forecast and then narrowly escaped the National Anthem

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Ok.

Time for bed, said Zeity...

flip orff said his lustee, you've got no chance...

Time to cuddle the cat...

Byeeee
                  Oh dear

Sorry about that Zeity - have a <-manly if that helps

Comment

MASM 1.0?
                    No, worse than that.

It was some freeby (a kind of mid-eighties precursor of open source, except the source didn't fit on the floppy) that somebody had got off somebody else at the Peterborough Computer Club (and I wasn't even in Peterborough).

A professional working environment, obviously - everything else there was for Spectra, C64s, Amstrad CPC-464s and such, and the concept of professional tools for serious platforms hadn't really penetrated the consciousness of the powers that were.

After the nightmare of that project (I once worked until three in the morning before discovering that the problem was a word being written to a byte-sized location - it had no checks for such things) I managed to obtain a dodgy copy of MASM 4 (or maybe 5 - it had the CodeView debugger as well, which was a godsend) from a friend

It saved my sanity over the next couple of years

Comment

Wot was the confusion?

Byeee (again)
                      I see you've already visited the thread, so I won't elaborate.

Anyway, my battery's very low and I can't be bothered to get the mains lead out, so I'll crash out now.

One strange thing I've noticed about this hotel wifi: it will often take ages returning a response, but if I switch to another tab and do a reload (in this case, of the "augment" thread) then it immediately returns both pages.

I now keep a separate tab open just for this reason.

I must experiment further and see if this only relates to the redirect after a successful post - but that's for another night.

Sweet dreams if any, denizens

Comment

Working...
                      X