• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think I'll record Time Team

Nnnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!

You'll cause a loop in the space-time continuum!
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      i like time team. one day they might actually find something.
      My favourite was the one where the land owner had been burying stuff for them to find. The classic was a rusty sword he had accidentally buried ... OVER a fallen-over and buried barbed wire fence.

They demonstrated how they used their archaeological scientific methods to date the sword as being more recent than the fence in a professional way as if they were dealing with Roman pottery.

I thought that was hilarious: surgical application of brilliant dead-pan humour & scientific method to tear the poor old fraudulent landowner git to pieces.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I have.

A senile old scrote of a barber ran the shaver up the back of my head with no guard on. He had to do the rest to match.

This was in a lunch time. I went back to work and the boss told me to go home and not come back until it looked respectable, and the days were taken off me as leave.

So I spent 3 days at home playing Elite non-stop on my ZX Spectrum instead
        That wasn't in Neath was it?

I was sitting next to a chap that happened to... and it must have been at least 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There was that Roman villa a few years back - biggest one ever found in the UK, or something.

"The archaeologists involved with Time Team have published more scientific papers on excavations carried out in the series than all British university archaeology departments put together over the same period." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Team

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            That wasn't in Neath was it?

I was sitting next to a chap that happened to... and it must have been at least 20 years ago.
            Shepherd's Bush. About 20 years ago!

I used to go to the Neath barbers opposite that New Zealand pub behind the car lot. Cheapest in town, I reckoned. The two bints in there used to make me laugh. Crap haircuts, but cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              ga[SIZE="6"]h[/SIZE]!

Comment

Still not got to 80,000 yet then?

I hope you're not all relying on me.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  In my PJ's and getting ready for next week now

How are YOU spending YOUR week then???

Or are you just running endurance tests for Marks & & Spencer's nightwear section?

Comment

Shepherd's Bush. About 20 years ago!

I used to go to the Neath barbers opposite that New Zealand pub behind the car lot. Cheapest in town, I reckoned. The two bints in there used to make me laugh. Crap haircuts, but cheap.
                    I have no idea where that is!

This senile old git was called Ivor...

My most abiding memory of him (he's popped his clogs since) apart from the striipe up the back of some unfortunates head, was a conversation with him while he was cutting my hair...

About some bastards breaking into his son's flat during a funeral...

I eventually realised that it was his son's funeral and that he'd topped himself...

Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Unemployment 0 %
                      Transport 100 %
                      Criminality 0 %
                      Pollution 0 %
                      Top 200 now!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X