• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hi Gonzo

I bounced the submit button and got told off

I'm listening to the Velvet Underground's album "Loaded" at the moment - "Rock and Roll" (track 3, side 1)

You appear to watching some sport thingy - presumably that Superbowl thing. How long does a "football" game take over there? It was on a couple of hours ago in t'pub (though not intrusively)

Still, if it floats your boat...

Just moved on to "Cool It Down"
    Evening

Or should that be Morning

I have read that comment about bouncing the submit button twice now but am still none the wiser about what it really means

Yes I am watching the Superbowl. The game has one hour of play time, but the clock stops when the ball is carried out the sidelines, when a forward pass is thrown but not caught and hits the ground, and also both teams have three chances each half to stop the clock (clock management is important strategically).

So all in all, expect a game to take three and a half hours to get through.

Comment

The rear insert (ooh-er, Missis!) in the CD is upside-down. Makes it confusing if one picks it up looking at the front then turns it round to check the track listing

"New Age"... can't actually remember if that's the end of side 1, can't be bothered to dig out the vinyl and check

"Head Held High" - I think this is the end of side 1

The smilies have moved between this post and my previous post

Silly folk, they are

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I have read that comment about bouncing the submit button twice now but am still none the wiser about what it really means
        It seems that I hit "Submit" twice so rapidly that two HTTP POST requests were sent - this would presumably be a bug in Safari, as the initial POST should have disabled the "Submit" button.

As a result I got the thing telling me that the forum software requires me to wait 30 seconds between posts, and advising me to try again in 30 seconds.

When I checked in another tab, the original POST had been successful.

Of course it could be an obscure bug in the vBulletin code - always tricky, debugging distributed applications

Comment

OK.

Nothing too much for me to worry about then.

Comment

OK.

Nothing too much for me to worry about then.
            Until it happens to you... dot dot dot...

Comment

Right, I don't want to speak too soon, but the Patriots seem to be finding their rhythm, and if they can do that to get a touchdown, while running the clock down to nothing, they will win

Comment

But they are making hard work of it

Comment

"Every day she falls in love,

And every night she falls."

Oh, sweet nothing...

Comment

Touchdown

Comment

Touchdown
                      Like when Apollo 11 landed on the Moon?