• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an interview with John Cale in Rolling Stone some years back where he spoke about the recording of White Light, White Heat.

The sound engineer kept complaining that the volume they were playing at was peaking and distorting the recording... they just said "So what", turned it up even more, and carried on...

Hence the uniquely distorted sound on the finished product

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Is one to assume that you had money on the outcome, which is now lost?

If so,

Comment

The violin on Heroin is amazing... not what Stradivarius had in mind, one suspects...

Comment

So a bloke goes to the Antiques Roadshow with a violin and a painting that he's found in the loft.

The expert says "This is amazing! What you have here is a Stradivarius and a Picasso!

"Unfortunately, Stradivarius wasn't a very good painter, and Picasso made bloody awful violins."

Comment

Experiment: a £40, 14 litre mini-fridge from Argos: what is its cooling power?
            Switched on at 18:25 in a room with a temperature of 18°C. 5 normal 75cl wine bottles put in there which were also at the same room temperature of 18°C. Total liquid: 3.75 litres. Also a kilo or so of glass bottles.
            At 18:25, 18°C
            At 19:25, 15°C
            At 20:25, 11°C
            At 21:25, 10°C
            At 22:25, 9°C
            At 23:25, 7°C
            At 00:55, 6°C
            At 01:40, 5°C
            At 07:40, 1°C, BTW
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I have found the piece of wet string in the corner of the room (8% connectivity) and have poked it into my laptop.

It's up and down like a whore's drawers, and when up is running at about 20 - 44kbps but it is free!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at forums.contractoruk.com."

I wonder if you get Wifi aerials / boosters?

Comment

The hotel is using Orange as its ISP.

SMTP is blocked so I can't send email.

What is the point of me paying for an authenticated SMTP account (so I can email from anywhere) if the ISP is going to block the protocol???

Gitbags.

Comment

morning all

Comment

Unemployment 2 %
                      Transport 98 %
                      Criminality 3 %

I just opened a factory - but pls click on ind/tra/sec links

Comment

Working...
                      X