• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bored, bored, bored, bored

Comment

time to bath the little one

Comment

no doubts that I'll be online later

Comment

not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            sort it out now - then post drivel all tomorrow morning? or vica versa?
            No can do. Virtually the entire department (maybe 30 or more people) has to walk up behind my desk, looking right over my shoulder, whenever they want to get to the printer, door, stairs, or toilets. This includes the head of the department, the manager responsible for my contract, the guy I'm currently reporting to, and the head of the team I'll be working with once the new project is under way.

I also have several people sat at desks a few feet behind me who can see over my shoulder all the time.

Therefore I can't spend more than a couple of minutes at a time ditzing about - if people start noticing me wasting time I'm through, and the smilies over there are a heck of a giveaway.

Hence virtually no daytime drivel from me for the next six months, unless I get moved to a different desk - which is unlikely as the place is pretty full, and any nice spots that came free would go to the permies.

There's one guy left here now, but he's busy and won't notice that I'm not actually doing anything - hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              No can do. Virtually the entire department (maybe 30 or more people) has to walk up behind my desk, looking right over my shoulder, whenever they want to get to the printer, door, stairs, or toilets. This includes the head of the department, the manager responsible for my contract, the guy I'm currently reporting to, and the head of the team I'll be working with once the new project is under way.

I also have several people sat at desks a few feet behind me who can see over my shoulder all the time.

Therefore I can't spend more than a couple of minutes at a time ditzing about - if people start noticing me wasting time I'm through, and the smilies over there are a heck of a giveaway.

Hence virtually no daytime drivel from me for the next six months, unless I get moved to a different desk - which is unlikely as the place is pretty full, and any nice spots that came free would go to the permies.

There's one guy left here now, but he's busy and won't notice that I'm not actually doing anything - hopefully
              Could you swap desks with DS23 or BI?

Comment

Ah bugger, now I'm getting a headache

I never get those...

I reckon it's the stress of trying to think of somewhere to get something to eat. I had a fairly light lunch, but as usual I now don't feel like going to any of the places where I could get an evening meal... too many tourists and office workers for comfort...

Maybe I should get out of this office now... I'm far enough ahead (assuming the usual lengthy day tomorrow) to justify leaving at lunchtime on Friday.

Comment

Right, I'm off - take care all

I may try posting from the pub with my new telephone, if you're lucky

Comment

I'm back in my compact bed sit

Comment

with 25 posts to get to a personal landmark

Comment

Working...
                      X