• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    "In order for the sacrament to be valid the penitent must do more than simply confess his known mortal sins to a priest. He must a) be truly sorry for each of the mortal sins he committed, b) have a firm intention never to commit them again, and c) perform the penance imposed by the priest."

So you confess your sins, even though you intend to carry on committing them? Oh dear, you lose, no sacrament for you

You might be able to fool the priest, but you can't fool The Lord...
    he committed? so women don't sin?

Comment

Have you visited http://tpdville.myminicity.com/ today?

Comment

Anyway, as I was saying...

Meanwhile, I moved on, and no longer had to deal with the consequences of that particular balls-up.

Until today
        Yup, today I came face-to-face with it again.

None of the problems have been addressed.

Dealing with it is deemed to be out-of-scope for the project I am (temporarily) assigned to.

Although the relevant people have now had the benefit of a detailed explanation of how wrong the whole thing is, including demonstrations (I still remember a number of postcodes which break it - handy for testing in other places) and explanations of both how it is meant to work, how the hacks fail to make it work, and how in fact it is impossible to ever make it work with the current database schema... nothing will be done

Thank goodness I'm going to be off this project and into something new soon

Even better, the new project is ordained from on high... as in the very top of NCC... so if this stuff starts tripping us up there (as it will), we will actually be able to get something done!

In my dreams...
        Last edited by NickFitz; 22 January 2008, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I suppose I will have to read the last 100 pages to find out what PAF is

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            EMrs Goof, I beg of you, please change that vomit-inducing avatar
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

cailin maith
              Godlike

century

Comment

Let me tell you a story about address data.
                when will you start the story?

Comment

I've just spent nearly an hour on the phone to HMRC
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    he committed? so women don't sin?
                    In the English language, the masculine pronoun can indicate a person of either sex when used in relation to humanity in general, as opposed to referring to a specific individual.

Despite the machinations of the politically-correct language Nazis, this is still the case

Comment

When I last worked for NewClientCorp, I saw that they were about to make a silly mistake by building a Very Important Database whose postal address data was to be derived from the data in the PAF, but which included a "County" field.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postcode_Address_File

so now I know what PAF is! okay that is enough you can stopp there...

Comment

Working...
                      X