• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    gf went to slimming world today - first time since preggars - and in a bad mood ever since. she is picking arguments about anything and everything then blaming me.

I askedc how much she weighed and, suprise suprise, that made things worse. My first thought was buy her choccies () - then flowers - then maybe a book. Any good ideas?

I take her to the Manoir(Raymond Blanc) on Saturday as her XMAS treat.
    Honestly..... I'd guess it didn't go as well as she had hoped...

She's prob just mad with herself for putting on weight.... I would suggest and this is a bit corny but sweet... get ther the slimming world mag or download a few recipies and put them all together for her wrapped up and a flower or two wouldn't go astray....

That way she will know you want to support her!

Fingers crossed it won't back fire and she twats you with them!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Evening Standard – Wednesday 9 January 2008
      http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ace/article.do

Fathers 4 Justice founder to enter Mayoral race with focus on breakdown of families

The founder of direct action group Fathers 4 Justice is planning to enter the London Mayoral race.

Matt O’Connor, who orchestrated stunts such as the powder-bombing of Tony Blair in the Commons, has vowed to bring “theatre and drama” to the campaign.

He plans to focus on the breakdown of families, which he believes is behind the huge number of teenage murders in London – 27 last year and two already this year. “one in two black children grows up without a father. One in four children grows up without a father. In London it’s a real issue”, said Mr O’Connor; 40, a father of three.

“We need to tackle crime and we need to tackle young offending. The role of fathers is absolutely integral to solving this problem.”

Fathers 4 Justice was founded to highlight the difficulty many estranged fathers have in gaining legal access to their children but its publicity stunts have caused controversy.

Mr O’Connor almost committed suicide in 2001 when he considered jumping off Waterloo Bridge after being barred from seeing his two sons from his first marriage.

He expects to launch his campaign on 14 February and stand for the English Democrats, who campaign for an English parliament because they believe that England loses out to Scotland in terms of public funding.
      Official F4J Response to Standard Article

We regret that the Standard have run this article in advance of an announcement next week, however Matt O’Connor said today in response, “I am alarmed by the state of our political discourse and a democracy that is failing Londoners on such a spectacular scale. It is important that we create a new brand of politics that recognises the imbalance in the Union of the United Kingdom and places families and communities at the heart of it’s agenda.”

“27 teenagers died in last year in a bloody harvest of bullets and blades on the streets of our capital city. London is in breakdown – family and community breakdown - and I believe that as an agent for change, I can restore and repair our broken city. I hope to confirm one way or the other early next week, whether I will be standing on a platform for greater English democracy and individual liberties, strong families and strong communities.”

ENDS

Comment

I would like access to the full database of who posted what when. So could see who got the mosts posts in a day, or in a 24 hour period, etcetc.
        Me too - I'd like to know things like longest uninterrupted posting list, most posts in a day, most posts by one user in a day etc.

The statistics could be interesting...
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

oh yeah. you haven't messed up! hormones is wild and abandoned in a woman in her condition.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Me too - I'd like to know things like longest uninterrupted posting list, most posts in a day, most posts by one user in a day etc.

will be boring and coma inducing....
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Evening all

on a proper computer, so off to find out what I've missed.

as well as the family history stuff I'm doing in the other browser
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Honestly..... I'd guess it didn't go as well as she had hoped...

She's prob just mad with herself for putting on weight.... I would suggest and this is a bit corny but sweet... get ther the slimming world mag or download a few recipies and put them all together for her wrapped up and a flower or two wouldn't go astray....

That way she will know you want to support her!

Fingers crossed it won't back fire and she twats you with them!!

She has all the Slimming world magazines - I kept paying the subscriptions.

I am not sure about wrapping anything - that usually ends in disaster!

I will have a hunt round the gift shops tmrw - then get flowerrs from station flower shop.

I do keep telling her she looks gr8 - which she does - but she keeps saying "you are very loyal"...

BTW at the manoir I have invited her sister who she rarely sees - so extra brownie points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

Evening all

on a proper computer, so off to find out what I've missed.

as well as the family history stuff I'm doing in the other browser
                  Hey Ted
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

hang on,! hang on!, hang on!

did you say she is freshly pregnant and has gone to slimming world?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

I reckon I am close with 84 consecutive posts.Mind you DS23 did loads on his more posts than views thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X