• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I know just what you mean. Hotel InterNet access is a huge scam in the UK. All the chains are in on it too.

That's one of the reasons I won't go with the chains any more.
    Hmm... they have two different ID thingys (can't remember the technical term) - it appears that switching between them confuses the throttling...

However, given that it's taken me nearly an hour just to catch up from 21:00 to now, it's probably time I crashed out - I'm not sure what expectations NewClientCorp has on starting times, although I'm not actually that bothered either - at least I don't bugger off on the stroke of 17:30 like (most of) the permies

Goodnight, see you tomorrow - hope you get some good news about your interview then

Comment

Bollocks.

My 'unlimited' VirginMedia broadband has kicked into its third level of crippling.

Now the film is downloading far more slowly than I can view it.

The last 10 minutes of downloading gave me about 30 seconds of viewing.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hmm... they have two different ID thingys (can't remember the technical term) - it appears that switching between them confuses the throttling...

However, given that it's taken me nearly an hour just to catch up from 21:00 to now, it's probably time I crashed out - I'm not sure what expectations NewClientCorp has on starting times, although I'm not actually that bothered either - at least I don't bugger off on the stroke of 17:30 like (most of) the permies

Goodnight, see you tomorrow - hope you get some good news about your interview then
        Goodnight, NickFitz. Sleep well. Have a good brekkie and a good day tomorrow.

We'll see what tomorrow brings when it gets here.

PS Well done on getting a new gig!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Bollocks.

My 'unlimited' VirginMedia broadband has kicked into its third level of crippling.

Now the film is downloading far more slowly than I can view it.

The last 10 minutes of downloading gave me about 30 seconds of viewing.
          You can probably get it on DVD from HMV for about a fiver.

My current DVD copy was about that much a couple of years ago - it's short on extras that I'd never watch, but it's got both widescreen and the (old-fashioned) TV 4:3 versions, one on each side - handy with an old TV like mine. (In those days Channel 4 films always did a proper 4:3 version, given that they were making films to premiere on TV after the cinema run.)

Anyway, as I was saying, night

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            You can probably get it on DVD from HMV for about a fiver.

My current DVD copy was about that much a couple of years ago - it's short on extras that I'd never watch, but it's got both widescreen and the (old-fashioned) TV 4:3 versions, one on each side - handy with an old TV like mine. (In those days Channel 4 films always did a proper 4:3 version, given that they were making films to premiere on TV after the cinema run.)

Anyway, as I was saying, night
            Ahem. No telly to watch it on!

GO TO BED! Some of us have work tomorrow and that doesn't include me, so off you go!

Comment

We're getting nearer ... and nearer ... and nearer ...

... to ...

... 65535!

Comment

My connection is now sub-dialup speel. Jeez.

So, I shall leave the last part of the film downloading and go to bed.

In the last 30 minutes I've downloaded 100 seconds of video. Bah! Humbug!

See you all in the morning

Be good!

Comment

Morning all
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

and another fine day it is too.
                    rain and storms and gale force winds imminent
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      and another fine day it is too.
                      rain and storms and gale force winds imminent
                      And what's the forecast for the East Midlands?
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X