• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Was interested that your Christmas message mentioned the 'drugs thread' that you found disturbing although you never elaborated what re it disturbed you??
    If I detailed everything on CUK that I find upsetting, the message would have been too long.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Should all this discussion of the nature, purpose, and acceptable practices of TPD be in a meta-TPD thread?

Or does meta-drivel still count as drivel?

I'll have to look up meta-drivel in my Dictionary of Philosophy...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Over what time period?
        That was yesterday
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Are you familiar with Matt Cutts from the anti-spam team at Google? He offers a lot of useful advice from the horse's mouth about avoiding penalties incurred by dodgy SEO techniques - it's worth following his blog.
          yes I know Matt Cutts been reading his blog for about a year or so, it’s about as close as we’ll ever get to knowing what goes in inside the big G.

I don’t really use any complicated SEO, just publish articles and blog a lot and write new pages, they love new content…and RSS feeds

Also having a blog as part of your site means you can submit to blog directories as well as site directories for pleny more in pointing links
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Charity supports dementia tagging

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7159287.stm

Comment

Should all this discussion of the nature, purpose, and acceptable practices of TPD be in a meta-TPD thread?

I'm trying to derail it with SEO and plan B

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I don’t really use any complicated SEO, just publish articles and blog a lot and write new pages, they love new content…and RSS feeds
                Absolutely. A friend of mine pays his living expenses with the AdSense income from one site - the key is that he provides useful content and adds a decent-length article or review to it at least a couple of times a month.

Note that relevant outgoing links can be indirectly useful if they're on slightly obscure (but relevant) topics and linked using appropriate text - people find your site when looking for the thing you link to, and then blog about finding what they were looking for via your site, thereby generating more incoming links A small thing, but it all helps in the long term.

Comment

That makes my head spin....

Could I just stick to drivel?

Comment

The city is verey quiet today - almost no-one in.

Shame about all the support calls from the numpties in HK and TK.

Comment

Looks like the cob shop over the road is shut.

I suppose that means I'll have to make my own lunch, which involves going to the shop

Comment

Working...
                      X