• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    There was more to it than just counting in TPD.

I didn't see everything, but I know from other things that have been communicated that there was more to it than just counting here. Counting, and indeed repeated cut and paste, is frowned upon (and counting upsets Zeity in particular). I'm not against counting per se - but if there are lots of people "chatting" here, then having a series of (usually incorrect) numbers interspersed with the conversation is annoying.

Cut and paste is more preferable to counting, IMHO, as you might learn something (e.g. about tanks).
    ]

And a great many other things
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I was just interested that ferret banned him/her without reason.

Ask no secrets and I will tell you no lies...
      I don't think it was for no reason.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        i suppose we should donate 55555 to fivetimes.
        Bollox we should - if he wants it, he needs to make sure he's around for it.

Unless there's a lot of drivel today, it won't be me.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I made $4.10 from 6 Adsense clicks yesterday

Typical - as soon as I take Asense of all but 2 of my sites it starts paying more per click...

Still gonna focus on affiliate programs and making my own digital products though.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Morning Zeity
            Elitist!

Morning, AP, anyway!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Since we're in the 55xxx now, it's a long way to the next PALI... I think I'll just go for a walk & let some other lucky poster get it...
              poser
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I know what will happen – I’ll drivel all the way to 55054 and someone else will swoop in and get it..
                Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                it is
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

made $37.81 from affiliate commissions so I think I'll push that some more.

Now to look at my traffic stats and work out my value per visitor

Can't wait to be in a position to outsource this bit

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    I made $4.10 from 6 Adsense clicks yesterday

Typical - as soon as I take Asense of all but 2 of my sites it starts paying more per click...

Still gonna focus on affiliate programs and making my own digital products though.
                    Better than nothing.

I bought a new website / company for my wife this morning (as I explained yesterday). Waiting to pay the money into escrow, and then when we're happy with the transfer and everything, it's ours.

Should repay the cost within a year, and then after that, the income will fund my pension pot.

We're very pleased to have got it - once it's complete, I'll share the details.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      There was more to it than just counting in TPD.

I didn't see everything, but I know from other things that have been communicated that there was more to it than just counting here. Counting, and indeed repeated cut and paste, is frowned upon (and counting upsets Zeity in particular). I'm not against counting per se - but if there are lots of people "chatting" here, then having a series of (usually incorrect) numbers interspersed with the conversation is annoying.

Cut and paste is more preferable to counting, IMHO, as you might learn something (e.g. about tanks).
                      I accidentally tried to post the same joke twice in the joke thread the other day - it said you need to wait 5 minutes. Told me I had not copied from my notepad!

I have PMed ferret to try to get a "definite" answer - but would not blame him if he did not reply!

Seems to me that, following your logic above, anything interspacing a conversation is annoying - even another conversation. Zeity usually posts in his own dream world - would make no difference if a number or the reading from his thermometer. There are a few people on these boards who get upset by others. I thought this thread was about drivel - not about conversations?

<runs off to find some little known facts on septic tanks>

Comment

Working...
                      X