• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Deleting posts to change history is tulipty. Probably best not to gloat about it.
    I have seen post deleting in TPD on four occasions.
    1. Multiple deletions to give CM 21000.
    2. Someone deleted a post and it moved zeity back one at 22000. No idea why.
    3. Someone deleted a post and it moved Apache at 35000. Suspect was tay, as he had threatened to do it to annoy TPD users.
    4. BrilloPad did it this morning because he wanted the 50000th post.

The first was chivalrous.
    The second anonymous.
    The third spiteful.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You are right - so here is what happened. I started at 06:35 on post 49918 then posted 82 posts until 07:33 which is quite alot given the 30 second rule. Someone was waiting to ambush me at the last moment which I think is the really mean thing.
      Yes - kind of like what happened at 33333 really.

However, I don't think anyone deleted any posts there - I may be wrong, but I think that NickFitz sniped it at the last minute.

Annoyed - yes.

Were any posts deleted - no.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

The missus went out to post some stuff ... and came back with HUGE sausage and bacon rolls.

Yumski!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning denizens

I see you finally made the 50K then

Hmm... dirty work at the crossroads... are we sending BP to Coventry for being such a git? He does have a tendency to count as well

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

I see you finally made the 50K then

Hmm... dirty work at the crossroads... are we sending BP to Coventry for being such a git? He does have a tendency to count as well
            Bit harsh sending him to Coventry.. I've worked there and its not a nice place

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              The missus went out to post some stuff ... and came back with HUGE sausage and bacon rolls.

Yumski!
              I'm going to have a mince pie instead

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Bit harsh sending him to Coventry.. I've worked there and its not a nice place
                But close to CadburyWorld, so that's good.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Yes - kind of like what happened at 33333 really.

However, I don't think anyone deleted any posts there - I may be wrong, but I think that NickFitz sniped it at the last minute.

Annoyed - yes.

Were any posts deleted - no.
                  Correct. I was actualy expecting my post to come in at about 33331, given that I posted it when we were on 33328, but the intense competition meant that by the time the server had handled my HTTP request, it was on 33333.

Indeed, so busy was the server, that the returned page already contained the following post (33334), which is quite unusual - it implies either a high degree of latency between the web server and the database, or actions coinciding within milliseconds. Given the fact that it took several seconds to get the response, the high latency on database communication is my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    And I think if TheGaqqer was really upset I would have got a PM. It is just a wind-up...
                    No, it's not a wind-up.

I was annoyed at not getting 33333, however it's a forum - unless there is an agreement to give someone a specific post (as for CM at 21000) then you can't / shouldn't complain if you don't get it. I'd "claimed" the number, posted to get it up to that point, and Nick grabbed it.

Deleting a post so that you get a significant number is pretty pathetic, though, it has to be said. Having nabbed a number, to go with the 25000, and someone decides that they "deserve" it more, particularly in somewhere that has been a friendly place to post, is both annoying and depressing at the same time. I guess disappointed is more the word than upset.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      I'm going to have a mince pie instead
                      Yumski. I like them heated up with a dollop of ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                      X