• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Stop using fancy curly quotes! It looked all strange on my Linux laptop last night, as it's ins ome dodgy Windows type font
    Hehe oops!

I write my posts in a blank Outlook email then deftly copy and paste them into TPD when on one’s looking..
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Don’t know if using notepad would have the same effect
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        And good mornign, by the way

morning

Comment

Then again I could always copy from outlook – to note pad – to TPD..

Comment

Shame I can't make it tomorrow. I'm taking the kids on a Christmas parade in the village followed up by a visit to Santa

Comment

But I might start worrying about myself if it came to that

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Then again I could always copy from outlook – to note pad – to TPD..
                No, that would still do it.

Outlook / Word etc. are "helpful" and automatically replace ' and " with the correct looking curly marks, which is fine in documents. On the web, however, different fonts etc. can make them look wrong - it's OK on the work machine on XP, but not on Linux.

Of course, you could use the spell checker in Firefox, if that's why you are using Outlook...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Shame I can't make it tomorrow. I'm taking the kids on a Christmas parade in the village followed up by a visit to Santa
                  DD1 was petrified of Santa last weekend when I took her. She actually stood there shaking, bless her!

But we'd queued for ages, so I made her go and say hello, and it was OK after that...
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

more dilithium crystals please

Comment

Having tea and toast now.... yummy!!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X