• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Decided it was time to give Mrs Monkey a helping hand with the cleaning, so I arrange for a firm to give us a quote for cleaning once a week, nothing special - just bathrooms, kitchen, hall stairs and landing and bedrooms.
      Then alternate the next week to do the dining room and living room instead of a couple of bedrooms. I didn't think it would be too much - couple of hours a week, so I thought about 20 quid week.

The quote turned out to be best part of 50/week.

So who out there has a cleaner and how much do you pay ? Is this the going rate ?
      It depends on where you are in the country, I guess. Also, you are better off finding a "woman who does" rather than going to a firm / agency. Agencies are expensive and aren't quite as good, generally - I used to have one, but the standard was low, and the cost was high.

Have a look in local newsagents and the like for adverts for cleaners, who will be cheaper and usually better. But you would normally buy them a Christmas present, so wait until the new year
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh, morning all
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Morning...
            How's Zeity this morning? Or have you left already?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Your little green light has gone out, so are you lurking, or was that it for the morning?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                It depends on where you are in the country, I guess. Also, you are better off finding a "woman who does" rather than going to a firm / agency. Agencies are expensive and aren't quite as good, generally - I used to have one, but the standard was low, and the cost was high.

Have a look in local newsagents and the like for adverts for cleaners, who will be cheaper and usually better. But you would normally buy them a Christmas present, so wait until the new year
                Cheers for that FAQ, plus getting someone in the new year reduces the possibility of Xmas presents going missing.

I don't so much mind getting them a "little" present, but if I can avoid it all the better

Comment

Flight is already late this morning - only five minutes, though (so far).
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Flight is already late this morning - only five minutes, though (so far).
                    Shame as I was looking forward to the "Guess what happened on the way in" story.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Cheers for that FAQ, plus getting someone in the new year reduces the possibility of Xmas presents going missing.

I don't so much mind getting them a "little" present, but if I can avoid it all the better
                      When I had cleaners, a friend of mine had a woman who does (did?). She asked me "what are you giving your cleaner for Christmas?" to which I wittily replied "The sack."

Lo and behold, I was true to my word and fired the agency that week.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X