• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the two Yorkshiremen in the taxi, there was a chance that someone would try to skip out without paying.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

n World War II the M4 Medium tank (named Sherman by the British) was made amphibious with the addition of a rubberized canvas screen to provide additional buoyancy. It was propelled by propellers driven by the main engine.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Was everyone able to contribute financially to the taxi fare?
        Everyone except you...?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Quickly, the person with the latest flight was appointed to handle the transaction.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

All modern non-turbine tanks use a diesel engine because diesel fuel is less flammable and more economical than gasoline. Some Soviet tanks used the smoke of burning diesel as an advantage and could intentionally burn fuel in the exhaust to create smoke for cover

Comment

Gas turbine engines have been used as auxiliary power units (APUs) in some tanks, and as main powerplants in Soviet/Russian T-80s and U.S. M1 Abrams. They are comparatively lighter and smaller than diesels at the same sustained power output. However they are much less fuel efficient, especially at low RPMs, requiring more fuel to achieve the same combat range.

Comment

I rummaged through my wallet - did I have the change so that I didn't get stiffed?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Because of their lower efficiency, the thermal signature of a gas turbine is higher than a diesel engine at the same level of power output. On the other hand the acoustic signature of a tank with a muffled gas turbine can be quieter than a piston engine–powered one. The M1A2 was nicknamed 'Whispering Death' for its quiet operatio

Comment

A ten pound note and some random change should suffice.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Like most modern diesel engines used in tanks, gas turbines are usually multi-fuel engines.

Comment

Working...
                      X