• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started to run towards the terminal building.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Tanks can also be disabled by the weather: starter batteries, lubricants, and even engines may fail in extreme cold (during World War II campaigns in Russian winters, tanks were often kept running to prevent restart problems with frozen-solid engines). Engines and crew-members can also suffer from overheating during hot weather (partly combated in newer tanks by air-conditioning systems), or dust clogging important ducts.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I bellowed "COMING THROUGH!"
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Anti-tank refers to any method of combating military armored fighting vehicles, notably tanks. The most common anti-tank systems include artillery with a high muzzle velocity, missiles (such as wire-guided HEAT), various autocannons firing penetrating ammunition, and anti-tank mines.

Comment

Some startled travellers moved slightly out of the way.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

In the area of anti-tank warfare, three terms are often used: "mobility kill", "firepower kill", and "catastrophic kill". In a mobility kill (M-kill), the vehicle loses its ability to move, for example, by breaking a tank track; the target is then immobile but may retain full use of its weapons and still be able to fight to some extent

Comment

I tore through the automatic doors, scattering old people from my path.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

A firepower kill (F-kill) is some loss of the vehicle's ability to fire its weapons. M-kills and F-kills may be complete or partial, the latter corresponding to reductions in a target's ability to move or fire. A catastrophic kill (K-kill) removes the tank's ability to fight completely; this may entail complete destruction of the tank or disabling the weapon system(s) or crew.

Comment

Again, I shouted "COMING THROUGH!" - louder this time.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Small cannon and large-calibre rifles were used against the early World War I tanks (eg Mark I tank) being introduced by the British Expeditionary Force. Many of these weapons proved to be almost useless. Some weapons included the armor piercing 7.92 K Bullets, then a larger anti-tank rifle when those became ineffective

Comment

Working...
                      X