• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather than moving, people turned on the spot to see me hurtling towards them.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Also grenades were used, and the Geballte Ladung ("Bunched Grenade"), basically several regular grenades bound together. Tanks were also vulnerable to artillery and mortars, especially if they became stuck, which was no miracle at the time with difficult terrain and barbed wire, and they could be targeted more easily.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        "Terminal ... "
        4 it has to be 4. that'll feck your plans right up won't it. unless he's loaded, drops you all off and pays for the whole thing himself. i'm right aren't i?

Comment

By the end of the war, a number of light guns, typically 37 mm (in British terms "2-pounder")[1], were being deployed on short carriages that proved to be considerably better. In addition most forces deployed large high-velocity rifles, typically of .50 cal (12.7 mm), with enough power to puncture the thin armor of the tanks of the era.

Comment

I held my bag out slightly, all the better to use as a battering ram.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              "... 4"
              yup.

Comment

Anti-tank guns are guns designed to destroy armored vehicles. In order to penetrate the armor of tanks and other armored vehicles they fire high-velocity shells.

Comment

A few grunts from passers by indicated that the bag had served it's purpose.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Comment

Prior to World War II, anti-tank guns were relatively small, with anti-tank rifles primarily used for destroying tanks. Few had calibres larger than 50 mm. With the rapid improvement in tank armor and guns, anti-tank guns increased in calibre, firing larger shells at greater velocities.

Comment

Working...
                      X