• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man one’s was presented a magistrate which ad a considerable library “What you make?” beg him the magistrate. “I do some books” was answered. “But any of your books I did not seen its — I believe it so, was answered the author I mak nothing for Paris. From a of my works is imprinted, I send the edition for America; I don’t compose what to colonies.”

(or as the case may be.)

Comment

Of course, any phrase book must needs offer advice about conversing with a hairdresser, and Pedro does not sell us short:

Comb-me quickly; don’t put me so much pomatum. What news tell me? All hairs dresser are newsmonger.

Comment

Naturally there is a section on "Familiar phrases":

Comment

"The thunderbolt is falling down"

"Will you a bon?"

"He has spit in my coat"

Comment

Some of said phrases are perhaps less suitable for polite company...

Comment

"These apricots and these peaches make me and to come water in mouth"

"I am pinking me with a pin"

"He do the devil at four"

Comment

Still, the Portuguese tourist who found Pedro's book failing them in their English excursion could at least have recourse to that well-known phrase "Do not might one’s understand to speak?" (well-known since post #18863, anyway)
                Last edited by NickFitz; 8 November 2007, 19:41.

Comment

I wish I'd thought of Pedro's book during our "process retrospective" meeting this afternoon, so I could have impressed my colleagues with "A bad arrangement is better than a process."

It's stuff like that which really helps to establish one's reputation in this game

Comment

Unfortunately it doesn't necessarily establish the reputation one would wish... ah well, as Pedro says, "I jest of them; my vessel is armed in man of war, i have a vigilant and courageous equipage, and the ammunitions don't want me its."

Comment

And I've beaten SA

(No, not like that... )

Comment

Working...
                      X