• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was close. I just got a 'you do not have permission to post, your account may have been disabled page'.

I though scotspine had caught up with me.

Comment

http://www.floatingbear.co.uk/homepage/index.html

Scott’s interest in photography sprang from a desire to document the world around him, which during his teenage years was populated by friends and family and now includes broad ranging commissions and long-term personal projects.

Born in 1971, two days after the death of Nikita Khrushchev and on the same day as Stella McCartney, Scott took his first photograph about eight years later of a bird in the back garden. He decided that perhaps he might like to become a weatherman instead. *In 1984, he was given his first camera, a Zorki rangefinder, which came into his possession by way of a Russian sailor paying for a fish supper in his uncle’s chippie.

Scott’s grandfather, himself an accomplished amateur, introduced the young Scott to the basics of black and white photography and soon Scott was eagerly anticipating the return of his films from the laboratory.

During his late teens, Scott briefly strayed into the worlds of painting and graphic design. But whilst studying Foundation at Maidstone Art College, he rediscovered his interest in becoming a ‘lens smith’ .

Comment

JEWISH JOKES 3

• 1 • 2 • 3 •

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Jewish girl tells her Catholic college roommate that she's going home for Rosh Hashanah.

"Oh," the Catholic girl says. "That's the holiday when you light the eight candles, right?"

"No," the Jewish girl replies. "That's Hanukah."

"Oh, right," the Catholic girl says. "Rosh Hashanah is the holiday when you eat the unleavened bread?"

"No," the Jewish girl replies. "That's Passover. Rosh Hashanah is the holiday when we blow the shofar."

"See," the Catholic Girl says. "That's what I like about you Jews... you're so good to the hired help."

http://www.whimsical-wits.com/jewish_jokes_3.htm

Comment

http://www.thehiredhelp.co.uk/2640/frames.php

Welcome
          Thank you for visiting The Hired Help Handyman Services The Hired Help - for all your General property maintenance and small repair jobs.

Local Handyman

Start a home improvement or get a property repair with a local man who cares for you.

The big question is what else would you like to see? What would you like to be able to purchase? What could we do to save you time and money?

Is your roof leaking? Is your house in need of a new coat of paint? Are you thinking of a new bathroom or kitchen in your house?

The Hired Help can help you, a man with a professional attitude, who will help you accomplish your remodelling goals or get repairs done to your home quickly.

Comment

http://www.thebigquestion.co.uk/

Q. What's the BIG Question?

A. How can we make the most of our people

Every business, no matter what its size or type, is ultimately dependent for success on the quality and performance of its people.

People are your greatest asset, but can be your worst nightmare. No amount of technology, planning, training or marketing will get you to where you want to be if you don’t help your people engage, develop and achieve their - and your - goals.

The BIG Question is a revolutionary new business and personal development programme that helps organisations to become better at what they do. It encourages leaders, managers and staff to focus on what – for them – comprises ‘excellence’ - providing the tools and motivation to achieve it

Comment

other insights into the (old) world of industry:

Drove a bakery van

The trick was to see how fast you could get the van to take a particular bend and hump back bridge down a certain country lane.

Unfortunately this played havoc with the trays of meat pies in the back

Being a fair chap I used to buy the damaged pies from the shops I delivered to so there would be no complaints.

I was a fat bastard in them days!
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Also worked in a bed making factory... making beds!

Trick was to overcome the interlocks on the air nail guns and fire them around the workshop

I lasted a week

Comment

Arctic Monkeys ‘Favourite Worst Nightmare’
                  Arctic Monkeys silence the doubters on their second album with razor-sharp lyrics and spiky guitar hooks delivered repeatedly to the ribs.

Such was the popularity of the Arctic Monkeys’ triple-platinum selling debut album ‘Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not’ that frontman Alex Turner and his Steel City buddies could have easily written ‘I’d Wager You Look Damn Fine At The Disco’, plus ten more retreads of their celebrated back-catalogue, stuck them on shop-shelves and it would have still sold by the bucketload.

And if some circles were to be believed, the four-piece were capable of little more than that. However, following a seemingly never-ending promotional schedule since the debut’s release in January 2006, the band have fashioned a quality body of work to silence even the harshest critic.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?id=395673

Comment

Welcome to the Avolites' Jokes Home Page
                    Hopefully you will leave with a smile on your face!!!!

Please note that some people may find some of these jokes offensive. It's not our intention to offend anybody - our aim is simply to bring a bit of laughter into your lives.
                    If you object strongly to any joke please inform us and it will be promptly removed !
                    Some of these jokes are of an adult nature, so if you are a minor, please do not view any further.

If you ARE of a sensitive nature - click here to return to our Home Page ........ you have been warned!!!!

http://www.avolites.org.uk/jokes/jokes-home.htm

Comment

Also worked in a car auction place.

The only fun to be had was doing extreme handbrake turns on the way to the valeting area

I lasted 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X