• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've decided I've got to get an automatic... driving through Swansea in a manual car is a pain in the backside.

I wonder if I can find another Big Bloo Volvo for £150...
    Yah... auto is the way to go for city centres ... bonus- no clutch to replace
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

bump
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

It's no help that the manual transmission on the Passat has more slop than a tart after servicing the rugby team... doesn't matter on motorways, but annoying in stop/start.
        Just had the clutch go on my Passat. I'm convinced it's my driveway that killed it - really fiddly to back into so you end up riding the clutch like a bronco.

Comment

Afternoon Zeity
          Summer hols over for you ?
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

However, it's time to go again...

Bye...
            It's getting like the flowerpot men

Comment

...or magic roundabout

Comment

I'm gradually reassembling the PCB production facility... it's been transferred 300 yards uphill and up 3 floors...
                Racks of boards in vats of acid...

Have you got your own photoplotter, or whatever they use these days to produce the artwork?

Or is it all laser etching now?

Comment

They are still produced, though the 74HC series is more commonly used (by me).

I was stunned a couple of months ago when I changed a 74ls573 for a 74HC573. The current consumption went down by about 20mA.
                  I was thinking of the numbering of this thread ... however, that's interesting. LSI must stand for Low Scale Integration these days...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X