• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Back of my little holiday.
    A week away turned into ten days because I didn't want to come back
    It was great! Ten days with no phone, no telly and no newspapers. Oh! and no work either.
    Oh.. & 'off'
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Off for a long hot bath in the hopes it will stop me being crippled tomorrow morning.
      Well done, but it's a cold bath you want, not a hot one.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Snake
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Snake
          Trouser?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Hello.

Here I is...
            Morning Zeity, see you guys are UP already
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Good morning.

I've only just got in to the factory but I'm still first in. They work funny hours here - everyone's late then they work into the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                Good morning.

I've only just got in to the factory but I'm still first in. They work funny hours here - everyone's late then they work into the evening.
                It used to be a developer thing, work late then not be able to get up in the morning. Also made it look like you were working longer hours, but you were not really. I am a morning person so it never worked for me.

I was just reading in business/contracting thread about a guy who had a manager that want a 10 hour day. You really have to be prepared to walk away in this game.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Morning all!

Meant to be working today, but agency haven't sorted out any paperwork. So I'm at home with the girls today, which makes a nice change.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've just been asked if I would consider changing from 4 days at work & 1 day at home to 2 days at work (longer commute & in all probability a stay over) & 3 days at home - same T&C's

what would the panel do?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      I've just been asked if I would consider changing from 4 days at work & 1 day at home to 2 days at work (longer commute & in all probability a stay over) & 3 days at home - same T&C's

what would the panel do?
                      Take it. Working from home is great - particularly if you have lax personal hygiene habits, or just fancy working in your pyjamas all day.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X