• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone. Project self-destruct sequence initiated yesterday. I can now sit back and watch the slow-motion car crash while billing my daily rate for another couple of weeks. I'm a sick fecker and this is always my favourite part of the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Morning everyone. Project self-destruct sequence initiated yesterday. I can now sit back and watch the slow-motion car crash while billing my daily rate for another couple of weeks. I'm a sick fecker and this is always my favourite part of the project.
      While searching on jobserv, good luck.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        While searching on jobserv, good luck.
        I had 4 days on the bench last week and then got my lapsed contract renewed for 4 weeks, so I'm back there. But I had something else lined up (interim and less well paid) and there's plenty of work out there in my field.

The main thing I learnt in my 4 days is that I was much happier than I am in my current contract. I've got 2 years mortgage payments stashed away so no worries at all.

Comment

I had 4 days on the bench last week and then got my lapsed contract renewed for 4 weeks, so I'm back there. But I had something else lined up (interim and less well paid) and there's plenty of work out there in my field.

The main thing I learnt in my 4 days is that I was much happier than I am in my current contract. I've got 2 years mortgage payments stashed away so no worries at all.
          Seems to be bussy at the moment, they want a permie for my role when I go, but can't find anyone. Agents keep call up cancelling interviews as the person has accepted another role.

I'm just worried it will have gone pear shaped by the time I come back next March.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Have you ever noticed how days on the bench fly by....while days at work drag and seem to stretch to eternity?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Garden update:

5 tonnes of topsoil in place and rolled, ordered another 10 tonnes which was <ahem> conviniently delivered whilst working from home on Wednesday.

made a start and have managed to get 4 tonnes in place... six to go!

still might not be enough.... might have to go topsoil rustling!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Have you ever noticed how days on the bench fly by....while days at work drag and seem to stretch to eternity?
                Yeah - I had a great time and it was a vision of how life could be if freed from the curse of gainful employment.

Comment

57 minutes to go... then weekend!!

Comment

Feck, was hoping today was my last, the twits have delayed the final build so I can't test my bits until Monday

So only 4 days off next week before a round of pre Xmas invoicing
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

So this is where you all come to post whore...?

Comment

Working...
                      X