• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

It's a right pea souper out there today! Many blasts of the fog horn ongoing.

Vessel Finder has sorted its records out since NF's check. We are correctly en route to Barcelona. Innerestingly, we discovered that the ferry service will do the same trip in about 5 hours.

Had a very nice time in Palma in the end. We mooched around and found a lovely vermuteria for lunch then back to the boat for a freshen up before dinner and then out for fabulous cocktails and food before getting back a mere 20 mins before our all-aboard time. The surcharge on taxis to/from the port made fares a bit pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Yes, that's the thing. Presumably it's only the fact that it's living in California that kept the tinworm away.

As to the "Alpha" part, who knows? The EPG is long gone now. Like as not it was my typo.

I've seen much funnier ones than that on the EPG. .
      Om

Comment

The fog dissipated around lunch time and it's now a very nice sunny afternoon with a gentle breeze

Comment

Lunch was a couple of cold Southern not-fried chicken leftovers

All of this morning was occupied with trying to track down a bug whereby a user had been unable to upload a file. So I now know a lot about the file upload stuff on this particular project. But as this stuff is stored in Amazon's S3, our local development environments can't actually do that storing bit and it seemed likely that's where the problem was; so I was a bit stuck on how to sort it out.

After lunch, I decided to take my life in my hands and tried uploading the file on production… and it worked just fine. So that bug has now been put down to transient connectivity issues

It could still do with some proper error handling. But until I know for sure where that should be happening, which is far from clear, I'm going to leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Vessel Finder has sorted its records out since NF's check. We are correctly en route to Barcelona.
            It's saying you'll arrive on May 12 for me, which is yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's saying you'll arrive on May 12 for me, which is yesterday
              Oops. You are quite right! I was just pleased to be heading towards a real destination that I missed the date.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oops. You are quite right! I was just pleased to be heading towards a real destination that I missed the date.
                Barcelona isn't real, it's a made-up place that Manuel in Fawlty Towers came from. When you arrive, you'll find you're in a theme park filled with Spanish people dressed as waiters being hit over the head with frying pans

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Barcelona isn't real, it's a made-up place that Manuel in Fawlty Towers came from. When you arrive, you'll find you're in a theme park filled with Spanish people dressed as waiters being hit over the head with frying pans
                  Lolz, I hope so!

Comment

Timesheet submitted, and that's me done for the week

Comment

Shopping done!

I didn't go and do it at lunchtime as I was a bit too busy, so once the car (a Porsche 924) was done and the Italian bicycling was flooding the airwaves, I headed out. Not too busy in Sainsbury's, and I didn't need much anyway. Very few people wearing masks in there now though

Comment

Working...
                      X