• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been so popular!

It is interesting how the staff create little dossiers on the customers over the course of your stay. It's how the high end hotels operate too. Little touches we've noticed such as how they observed I don't have ice in my water but HWMBO does, etc.

If you want the full horrors of my trip, it's all on Instagram (@fluffymitten)

Comment

You mean I have to join the gram so I can become a LM stalker as well?

In other good news I managed to miss a meeting.

I need to take a break before I do my last days bit of work.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The clouding-over is just a fine, high haze, so it's a very balmy evening out there

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

And, for the first time ever, I made a crumble; blackberry and apple to be precise, based on norrahe's recipe: Blackberry and almond Crumble though I didn't have that many blackberries (which had been in the freezer for ages) and did have a cooking apple (not in the freezer), hence the variation. It was very nice indeed and, in another first, I also made Bird's custard to go with it

The blackberries had a BBE date in September. I strongly suspect that was in 2020, though it may even have been 2019

Comment

Oh, and earlier, the recycling was taken down and the bin trundled forth

The landlord texted me earlier in the week to say he was away and ask me to sort the general waste bins out too. Turned out there were only two black bags in them, so I just took them out and stuck them in another house's bin that had been left out on the road since last week

Comment

Tonight's viewing: the car was a Mitsubishi something, one of the Aboriginal blokes found a 7 ounce nugget (which was nice because he and his mate seem like good people and never find anything), antiques were largely passed over in favour of making crumble, and eating was accompanied by Police Interceptors

And now it's time for an early night as it's bin day tomorrow and I like to get my walk in early, before the fiesta starts

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up very betimes, so:
                • Walk briskly walked, green ring closed
                • Bed stripped, to be remade before bedtime if I remember
                • Ablutions
                • Coffee brewed
                It's another sunny start, already at 9°C when I set out a little before 7am, and now up to 12° with 18° expected by early afternoon; though then it will get rainy and cool down rather. Barometers are up a little at 1017/1025mB

I had a fairly decent night's sleep, but interspersed with some near-waking episodes which I eventually realised were due to being too warm. So when I remake the bed later, I think I'll separate the duvet parts and stick with the two-thirds portion for now, perhaps keeping a throw nearby that I can deploy if the nights should get chilly again

Comment

Morning all lovely day out, unfortunately I'm off to a funeral
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mod century ommmmm

TFIF, etc
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As I seem to be on a bit of a roll this morning: mundane laundry on

Comment

Working...
                      X