• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Sunless.

Warm at 15.7 deg in here.

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 759 Torr, 68% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Disappointments of the day: "The Caribou Trail (1950)" was on this morning with that Randolph Scott chappie. I couldn't be bothered to get up at sparrow fart to watch it. I've not seen it before.

Smalls out of the TD and airing in the front bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

'Tis all go here.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned, including the mother****ing tee shirt that proceeded to fall on the fecking floor into a puddle from the dehumidifier. Thereafter washed in the dishwater & slung into the TD with the cottons.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD with said T shirt.

Lunch: steak & kidney pie with Heinz baked beans, a bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Much door slamming due to the irritation with the t shirt.

Cottons out of the TD and airing.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. It started raining on me half way through, that very fine misty rain that's so much wetter than any other kind of rain.

Freecell score: 79%, running average 84%.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock with fried potato slices and Heinz baked beans, two yogs, the last of the sliced peaches, a mince pie, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The News Quiz best of 2021 (such as it is).

The UnXplained with that William "Beam me up" Shatner chap interspersed with a bit of "Funeral in Berlin" as ad breaks allowed.

Followed by some nonsense about Nostradamus, on Blaze of course.

Managed to get the Freecell score on this box up to 83.25%.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 December 2021, 23:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp. No active precipitation at time of writing. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up a touch to 1016 mBar.

No major plans today. Lots of food being delivered around 6.30pm and prior to that we have to go to Waitrose to top up the gin stash as I was too lazy to do it yesterday.

Today's final ever Kantar diary fact is:
      The last day of the 20th century and 2nd millennium 2000

That's it for daily facts from a free diary.

Comment

Morning denizens

A very good night's sleep, which ended up going on for longer than planned, but I daresay I needed it

More importantly, this extra time in the slow cooker seems to have been just right for the bones of the lamb shoulder, the connective tissue from which has completely deliquesced in a wonderful manner, even the cartilaginous bits having turned gelatinous. I'll always give sheep shoulders ten hours in future

With soupmaking attended to and a cup of coffee brewed, I am able to turn my attention outwards, where it turns out to be another mild day, dry after a little overnight rain, with frequent sunny spells. It's 14°C at the moment, which is good as it gets, and the barometers are slightly up at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That's it for daily facts from a free diary.
          End of an era! They should put that in their diary

Thank you for your service

Comment

The sun has come out! That's very cheering.

Comment

Pretty sunny here too

The soup is bubbling gently away. Getting up later than intended to move it along may have had benefits for deliquescence, but I'm quite peckish now. It needs another couple of hours though, I reckon, so I'll have to wait

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Feels very mild out

No detour to the pharmacy because I couldn't bothered to go the extra distance only to peer through the window at the "no tests today" sign

But I made a detour via Iceland at the end to get Yorkshire puds. I'm not saying I won't ever be able make ones as good as Aunt Bessie's; but I never have to date, and it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for an inferior product

Comment

The soup has turned out extremely well - yet more Scotch broth, with multiseed bread

Comment

Tea has been Christmas dinner, specifically, all the stuff I got in to make said meal should the ongoing plague have prevented me going elsewhere for the occasion

This included the sausagemeat lemon and herb stuffing, the recipe for which I had to get from my Mum last year; and pigs in blankets, of course. All very nice, and a bunch of stuff that had been cluttering the fridge and freezer has been converted to leftovers as a result

Comment

test 123

Comment

Working...
                      X