• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd give The Terror a go (anything to avoid doing any work). About some boats going missing in the arctic.

Comment

18°C and sunny. Stopped by a friend's allotment while we taking our afternoon walk - enjoyed our first G&T of the year.

Next door have just told us they've got a couple of 7 month old kittens. Our cat won't be happy. She been undisputed owner of most of the gardens near us for a few years.

Dinner is roast chicken with merguez sausages, sprouts with bacon and polenta. Breakfast was the remains of last night's kebab. Lunch was skipped. Spent three hours doing the tax return. For the first time in years we'll not need an extension (first one is free, second one is £20)..
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Apparently the clock change means it gets dark later now. Every year, I discover this anew

Comment

WNFS. It's still bright out!

Did a couple of hours work, got frustrated, stopped. I really don't understand why clientCo Quality team are insisting on a report that lists what's been set up in Azure. There's an export anyone can do on demand.

What value is being derived from me spending hours copying and pasting into a word template designed by a idiot and then hunting down all the design documents and recording which section references this VM name, that storage account name, that network security group.

Only three days left...

Reminds me of an old boss who didn't trust email and had all correspondence printed out and filed after he read and signed / dated them.

Comment

selectin g 'go to last post' in TPD stops here
            https://forums.contractoruk.com/ligh...ml#post2872443
            maybe i broke it??

oh, well.

evening all
            dinner is steak pie, chips and peas.
            and the obligatory nice Rioja.

it's been Sunday here, all day.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              selectin g 'go to last post' in TPD stops here
              https://forums.contractoruk.com/ligh...ml#post2872443
              maybe i broke it??

oh, well.

evening all
              dinner is steak pie, chips and peas.
              and the obligatory nice Rioja.

it's been Sunday here, all day.
              Yes, I noticed TPD is stuck on 21:49 yesterday.

Comment

Dinner was something from the freezer that HWMBO had cooked up last time he was here.

Comment

Tea has been Scotch broth with wholemeal bread. Delicious and nutritious

No idea what's causing the last unread thing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    No idea what's causing the last unread thing
                    And mentioning it seems to have fixed it

Comment

Just popped out the back. Feels very mild out there at 12°C, even though it's pretty windy

Comment

Working...
                      X