• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch
    Last edited by NickFitz; 9 March 2021, 14:13.

Comment

Noodles and chocolate cake.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Borscht and toast.

Currently making YAML my biatch in PowerShell all good fun!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A quite pleasant 10°C out there at the moment, but I think it's starting to cloud over a bit more; rain's due to arrive from midnight on and continue throughout the whole of tomorrow

Comment

Had what I felt was a good and productive day.

Then get a kick in the teeth when the consultancy tells you the client has asked for a resource to do the job you've been doing for the past year...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Had what I felt was a good and productive day.

Then get a kick in the teeth when the consultancy tells you the client has asked for a resource to do the job you've been doing for the past year...
              Had they not noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Had they not noticed?
                Evidently not! Last week I was told "the client really likes you and wants to keep you on" and then this week it's "they're asking for a technical BA for this project but isn't that you?".

Admittedly, I wouldn't call myself a technical BA so maybe they want a different skillset.

The joys of contracting...

Comment

Bit worried about my shoulder of lamb. It's been sitting in the fridge for a fair while, though its use-by is this coming Saturday. But when I went to get it out to roast, there was blood on the shelf underneath it. This suggests the vacuum pack has been leaking, which in turn means air has got in, and it might therefore have gone off

There was definitely air in the pack. It smelt a bit gamey, but I left it to rest for a while in the open air, as vacuum-packed fresh meat always does have a bit of an odour which dissipates rapidly. It didn't smell anything like as bad then, so I've taken a chance and whacked it in the oven. If it starts to stink the place out, I'll have to ditch it and come up with an alternative plan for dinner. But if it still smells OK after thirty minutes or so, I'll take a chance on it and hope for the best

Comment

I can never tell with lamb. It has a natural whiff that I am never entirely sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I can never tell with lamb. It has a natural whiff that I am never entirely sure about.
                      Yep, it's a tricky one. It seems OK so far, but I'll give it a bit longer. Maybe it'll just be a little gamey…

Comment

Working...
                      X