• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my copy/paste task now complete and fired off to the Quality representative for review, I dinged some left over spicy rice and had that for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Copy...Paste
      Copy...Paste
      Copy...Paste
      Copy...Paste
      AAAAARGH
      Delete
      Delete
      Copy...Paste
      Copy...Paste
      Copy...Paste

I have to remind myself I'm paid good money for these cutting edge skills.
      Now to really cash in you need to write scripts and run them, much less tedious.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite chilly out - nominally 4°C, but there's a bit of a chilly breeze

I happened to bump into a woman who used to go to the same pub as me years ago. Can't remember her name for the life of me. Apparently she's recently got back in touch with some bloke called Andy who used to go there too and now lives in Australia, but as he was one of numerous Andys, I'm not sure who he is either

She's also a city councillor now, which makes at least two former regulars of the pub who are now councillors. Shame they didn't think of doing it twelve years ago, when maybe they could have stopped the council granting permission for the pub to be demolished

Comment

The general refuse has been trundled. And then I realised I forgot to add the flowers that are past their best. Decided I wasn't "going out there again" and just put the flowers in the kitchen bin to fester.

It's a bit cold out.

Maybe it was a bit too soon to declare it warm enough to keep the bedroom window open overnight

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              It's a bit cold out.

Maybe it was a bit too soon to declare it warm enough to keep the bedroom window open overnight
              That reminds me, I need to close mine

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Well the search function is now totally & utterly fecked.

That's a feature over many years, though the last one could be persuaded to do something.

This one, no fecking chance.
                It's badly screwed at the moment for Reasons, but admin and I are addressing said Reasons and will have it back up and running again in a day or two.

It has been completely rewritten by vBulletin though. No idea if it's worse or better than the old one, but it works in a completely different way under the hood. There's one thing it used to do that it doesn't any more (indexing parts of URLs in links), so I'm already working out how to add that back in, as I use that a lot to find out when I or somebody else watched a film by searching for the "tt123456" bit from IMDb URLs

Once it's working again, let me know if there's anything in particular it seems not to be doing any more and I'll see if I can sort it out

Comment

Got a last-minute Sainsbury's delivery slot for tomorrow afternoon, 2-6pm, so an order has been placed

Comment

On the box tonight: more of The Americans, S2E5 The Deal (TV Episode 2014) and S2E6 Behind the Red Door (TV Episode 2014)

Some roadworks have appeared today across the road by the bus stop a bit further down. I heard they were planning to start one of those bike hire schemes here and that would be the location of one of the docking stations, so maybe that's actually happening. It'll be very handy for popping into town if so

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry but overcast and dull this morning. Or 'haze' according to my weather app. Currently 5 degrees and it might squeek up to 12 later with the sun poking its nose out. Low chance of precipitation. Barometer down to 1028 mBar.

Really tired this morning. I only have one meeting, starting at 0830, so that's a relief.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The elements moscovium, tennesine and oganesson are officially added to the periodic table in Moscow, Russia 2017

Comment

Working...
                      X