• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok they are still filling it in with tarmac.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Waitrose shopping delivered and put away. Clothes out of WM and hung up.

Popped to the post box, which was a bit of a dash to meet last posting time due to Waitrose lateness, and it's cold out with a not nice breeze. Not sure I'll venture out again.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's going to be warmer than initially forecast: although it's still -1°C at the moment, it will rise to 0°C for an hour or two this afternoon before falling again

Quite sunny with white fluffiness here and there, though. Barometer up at 1020/1028mB.

Internal temperatures: bedroom 11.5°, living room 14.5°. Might dig the fan heater out to supplement the gas fire's efforts

Comment

It's warmed up to 2 degrees and clouded over.

Probably safe for SE to get out of bed now.

EDIT: Oh I forgot they were already up
          Last edited by ladymuck; 13 February 2021, 14:37. Reason: not paying attention!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Might dig the fan heater out to supplement the gas fire's efforts
            The fan heater is now on, so the room is filled with the aroma of burning dust. Not so much filled with heat so far, but let's give it a bit of time and see if it makes a difference

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The fan heater is now on, so the room is filled with the aroma of burning dust. Not so much filled with heat so far, but let's give it a bit of time and see if it makes a difference
              Are you cold-blooded? My house is thermo controlled at 20°C upstairs and 21.5°C down. I'd be murdered at your temperatures.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Are you cold-blooded? My house is thermo controlled at 20°C upstairs and 21.5°C down. I'd be murdered at your temperatures.
                Not particularly, but that's the way the place is so I just have to deal with it

Thinking back over the week, I've been having to have the fire on for longer and at a higher setting as the fabric of the building has gradually lost heat to the environment. But yesterday was when it seems the last of the retained heat dissipated and temperatures really crashed in here.

Thanks to the fan heater it's back up to 18.6°C in the living room now, and I've sorted out the oil-filled radiator in the bedroom so I can warm that up before I go to bed tonight

Comment

Hadn't had toast in a while for some reason, so lunch has been a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal

Comment

I've been outside again.

It's noticeably warmer than this morning. Breeze has dropped too, so it's much more pleasant out.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I've been outside again.

It's noticeably warmer than this morning. Breeze has dropped too, so it's much more pleasant out.
                      I just popped out the back, and it isn't here. Still -1°, and now the weather app is muttering about snow showers

Comment

Working...
                      X