• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Thanks, but not required. I can handle it.
    sorting out officious jobsworths is another of my callings.

appreciate the sentiment though.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Thanks, but not required. I can handle it.
      sorting out officious jobsworths is another of my callings.

appreciate the sentiment though.
      I have no doubt you'll sort them out!

Comment

Happy to confirm Kent is covered in urine bottles & bags of tulip.

Other than that, avoiding a CV joint I need to change so that, come the apocalypse, I will be one of those overlanding in my 4x4 to a remote outpost, not stuck on the M1.

Comment

Just got the invitation for the Christmas Day Zoom. It's at 11:30am, which seems like a reasonable time - no need to get up early, and no likelihood of conflicting with anybody's dinner

Comment

Even freeze-dried, it's cute pup

Yukon gold miner unearths a mummified Ice Age wolf pup | Ars Technica

Comment

Took a walk up to the High Street to get me out the house and to see if I could pop into Waitrose for a few bits.

There was a bit of a queue but got in quickly past the guard on the door whose mask was doing a fine job of keeping his chin warm. Not busy in the shop. Decent enough availability of most things, some bare sections of fruit and veg but no worse than I've seen before at this time of year.

They had two bottles left of Graham's White Port still on offer, so I snaffled one (that was my main reason for the visit). HWMBO and I will now be able to relive our visit to Portugal with some white port and tonic with lashings of mint.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 22 December 2020, 15:47.

Comment

I decided that as, despite what the thermometer says, I feel like I've got a temperature, and generally feel a bit under the weather as if coming down with a cold, I might as well get a coronavirus test. The city's got testing capacity to spare since local lockdown, and as a lot of testing places are walkthrough, I figured I might as well get there while symptoms are mild; it's not as if anybody can drive me there or I can get the bus if they get worse.

So I went online; nearest place with open slots was on this side of the city centre. Booked a slot, walked up there, had the test, walked home again. Time from first looking online for an available appointment within walking distance to getting home again: ninety minutes

I deliberately took a slightly winding route via less-frequented roads and so on, though helped by the fact that DMU campus is very empty at the moment and fills a good chunk of space between here and there.

The testing centre itself was virtually deserted apart from staff

Comment

Fingers crossed for a negative result and you're just suffering from seasonal malaise.

Comment

Lunch earlier, by the by, was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread; healthy and so on

Comment

I went for a walk to a local shop that opened just before first lockdown.

After noticing they sell loads of olives in different size jars, I got a couple of bananas and some Turkish delight.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X