• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out

Only 11°C though, and forecast to get lower; pressure is 991/1001mb.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Phew! Busy busy!

Shuffled up to the Post Office on the High Street to drop off parcels for my brother+fam, including my nephew's birthday present. Busy as pretty much the world and their dog is posting stuff in lieu of visiting.

On my way out of my building, I went via the main entrance to check the post. I was very pleased to see that the final present I was waiting on had arrived.

Picked up post on my way back and did the neighbourly thing of distributing post to the flats on my floor.

As I walked into my flat, the WM was beeping to tell me that bed linen load #1 was done.

Wrapped the newly arrived present and packed it into the waiting box along with other gifts that needed posting up to HWMBO for him and his children.

Emptied the WM (dumped it into a basket) and refilled with bed linen load #2.

Walked to the Post Office on Gloucester Road, which was even more hectic than the one on the High Street.

Went to Waitrose for a few bits. Lots of booze on offer so picked up some tequila (discovered to my horror I was nearly out last night) and some Monkey Shoulder for HWMBO.

Shuffled home, getting to the front door just as the heavens opened. Until that moment it had been sunny and warm with fluffy clouds.

Shopping put away, bed linen hung/draped.

WM has just beeped to tell me bed linen load #2 is done. The next load will be towels and bathroom mats.

I was going to walk down to Fulham to pick up another gift for HWMBO but have just discovered the shop is shut at the weekend! If I had known that, I would have ordered delivery to my house rather than an in-store collection No idea when I'll be able to pick that up.
      I need a lie down after reading that!

Comment

Last of the bed linen out and hung up.

Towels and assorted things now in the WM.

That will conclude the washing for today. I may do smalls and other bits tomorrow.

HWMBO is researching eggnogg recipes.

Comment

I ought to do a towel wash, but then I'd have to put away yesterday's washing and it all seems a bit much for a weekend

Maybe later…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I ought to do a towel wash, but then I'd have to put away yesterday's washing and it all seems a bit much for a weekend

Maybe later…
            sounds like a typical case of cardiorenalapathy to me.
            as a fellow sufferer, i know all about the condition.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              sounds like a typical case of cardiorenalapathy to me.
              as a fellow sufferer, i know all about the condition.
              Luckily I've found something much more important to do, to wit, reading Elephant cognition - Wikipedia

Comment

Nearly forgot!

Today's fact from the Kantar diary is:

Record high barometric pressure of 1085.6 hPa (32.06 inHg) is recorded in Tosontsengel, Khovsgol Province, Mongolia 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

HWMBO is researching eggnogg recipes.
                  As if by magic this turns up and HWMBO says it's actually a decent recipe

He's channelling Felicity Cloake and is trying out lots of recipes over the next few days to come up with the best one.

Comment

Looks like you're locked in now, lm

Comment

Late lunch: chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Working...
                      X